Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    leifweaver Posts: 39, Reputation: 11

Feb 24, 2010, 12:28 AM
    Range hood venting in an airtight home.
    I have a very airtight home (.4m3/h.m2@50Pa), and would like to put in a range hood that vents to the outside. I have a ERV (Broan ERV90HC), and it warns not to vent the range to the intake of the ERV, but I have also heard that venting the hood directly outside can cause enough negative air pressure to unbalance the fans of an ERV in a tight house. I would like to hear some opinions on options. I would like to keep the cost under about $500.

About the Broan - my house is slightly under 750sf including the loft, which gives me about 1.2 airchanges/hr on the lowest setting.

Check out some similar questions!

Installing microwave range hood [ 1 Answers ]

My husband installed my microwave range hood but it does not suction the steam, etc through the vent. What could be wrong?

Range hood electrical [ 1 Answers ]

I am installing a Broan Allure I range hood but the house electrical is on the left side of the duct work and not long enough to reach the knockout for the wires which is on the right side of the appliance. What can be done in order to make this work? Is splicing the wires an option?

Range Hood Microwave install [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am replacing a standard range hood with a microwave and have a problem. I agree that it was way to low, so I took a few inches off the cabinet and it seems to be an OK height, but it is deeper than the cabinets so it sticks out and blocks the range top. I only need a few inches. ...

Range Hood Electrical Connection [ 1 Answers ]

Hi: I am replacing my microwave above the stove with a range hood. The only problem is, how do I connect the wires from the new hood? I currently have an outlet where the microwave was plugged into. Any suggestions? Thanks

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.