Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    FutureSkills Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2010, 12:06 AM
    How can I force Google to index all my URL pages?
    I try to improve my page rank with Google. Google wants the websites to be more informative and contain useful information. Some of my web pages that contain a great deal of relevant information have not been crawled by Google. My question is how can I force the Google to index all my web pages?
    My web URL is: http://www.futureskills.com. The page that I want to be indexed is: http://www.futureskills.com/terms/. I have resubmitted my sitemap to Google.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Feb 24, 2010, 12:21 AM
    Hi, FutureSkills!

Is what is below, the actual link to your site, please?

http://www.futureskills.com/

Or, is your site something else?

Thanks!
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Feb 24, 2010, 02:37 AM

I noticed that there are no keywords on the /terms page.

The Robots will index all pages by default, but not sure if they need keywords on the linked pages.
    FutureSkills Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2010, 09:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Hi, FutureSkills!

Is what is below, the actual link to your site, please?

http://www.futureskills.com/

Or, is your site something else?

Thanks!
    The page that I want Google to crawl is: Private High School, Night Credit Course, North York Toronto - Terms and Conditions
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 24, 2010, 09:59 AM
    It has been crawled:
    FutureSkills + Terms and Conditions - Google Search
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Feb 24, 2010, 10:28 PM
    Hi again, FutureSkills!

You can get much better results when people do searches for what you do where you do it.

If interested in how to maximize your results, please let me know on this thread.

Thanks!
    lsexton Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Apr 24, 2010, 06:51 PM
    There is no way to truly force Google to index any content. Generally Google will discover your pages via outside links or, or through the suggestions made by your sitemap xml file IF you've submitted one to them.

I call them suggestions because Google will decide to index your content based on merits such as relevancy, domain authority , title tags, and many more signals. In fact there are over 200 signals that Google uses to rank content, so even if your pages get indexed, they may not be listed on the first page or even second page.
    There are ways to maximize your efforts. But you must be patient and not give up if you don't see immediate results.
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2010, 03:06 PM

From my own research, you get the best ranking from having a lot of clicks from a high ranked site, and somewhat from how many people click from your site to other high ranked sites.

I designed a page for an author about corvettes. We were able to hit the third page after submitting our link to several other popular sites such as corvette world. The more traffic you generate, the better your ranking will be.

You may have less traffic than similar sites, but still have a higher ranking because of the quality of traffic. Here's an example. Say you have a social networking site. You receive most of your traffic from Facebook and myspace links. Because they are so highly ranked, it will be quality traffic. Where as Joe Schmoe's social networking site receives most of his traffic from netlog and bebo. He may have 10 or 15% more traffic, but a lower ranking because most of his traffic is of a lower quality than yours.

From what I understand, Google actually plays little importance on keywords. It uses indexed extraction and good webmaster practices.

If you want to see what I mean, check here:
    Search Engine Ranking Factors | SEOmoz
    lsexton Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Apr 25, 2010, 03:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by InfoJunkie4Life View Post
    From my own research, you get the best ranking from having a lot of clicks from a high ranked site, and somewhat from how many people click from your site to other high ranked sites.

I designed a page for an author about corvettes. We were able to hit the third page after submitting our link to several other popular sites such as corvette world. The more traffic you generate, the better your ranking will be.

You may have less traffic than similar sites, but still have a higher ranking because of the quality of traffic. Here's an example. Say you have a social networking site. You receive most of your traffic from facebook and myspace links. Because they are so highly ranked, it will be quality traffic. Where as Joe Schmoe's social networking site receives most of his traffic from netlog and bebo. He may have 10 or 15% more traffic, but a lower ranking because most of his traffic is of a lower quality than yours.

From what I understand, google actually plays little importance on keywords. It uses indexed extraction and good webmaster practices.

If you want to see what I mean, check here:
    Search Engine Ranking Factors | SEOmoz
    Traffic does play part of it, as does time spent on page. They are some of the 200 + signals Google uses.

Keywords do play a part but not the part many think. The keyword meta tag is useless. Placing key terms at the beginning of a title, using them in the opening paragraph of the page, having them in the H1 tag ( not a huge factor any more but still helps) and having them in a URL are some important things.

Quick note, else where someone added that h2, h3 tags help. They don't. Not one bit. You should use them as a matter of form to split a page into sections, but not for SEO

An interesting point is made above. You may have more traffic than another page but lower search ranking. If that's the case and your traffic is converting better than the higher ranked sight, your more successful.Build on that but don't break it.

There's a lot more to this game than clicks and ranking.

Keep in mind that with Googles recent changes, many results are personalized, even if your not logged in. So what you see for SERPS may not be what the guy in the next desk sees ;-)
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2010, 04:50 PM

There are tons of factors that do influence Google, and they don't publish them. I just made note of what I've used successfully.

Even then, I was based on a single key word, not multiple ones. My ranking was based on the authors name, not a general topic. Far harder to calculate and control.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I cannot access Google or search on Google (Only Google) [ 3 Answers ]

Google has been my default search, no problems. My browser is the latest Firefox Beta 3.5 Beta 4 file version 4.42.0.0. The issue started over two weeks ago under the Beta browser. The issue is now, I can’t use Google search or just about any site that is a Google site. I put in a search item...

Find force of gravity, normal force, and net force in Physics [ 6 Answers ]

A crate of mass m (=10 kg) is placed at rest on a (frictionless) inclined plane, which has an angle (= 30 deg ) above horizontal 1. The force of gravity on the crate is? 2. The normal force on the crate is? 3. The net force on the crate is? 4. How long would it take the crate to slide 8 m...

Google search being hijacked to strange web pages [ 2 Answers ]

When I do a Google search, the usual page of results appears, but when I click on any of the results, instead of openning the page on which I clicked, a strange page appears which seems to be a commercial search or list of possible links. Is this a spyware invasion? How do I stop this from...

Force Browser To Cache Pages? [ 7 Answers ]

I am hosting a swf movie on a page but people click a page then return to that page and it reloads etc etc. Is there anyway I can make it stay in there cache unless they empty it? As most people do it unaware but my bandwidth usage yesterday was over 100mb :eek:

View more questions Search