Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cher24 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2010, 09:08 PM
    Fouding fathers of sociology (first part)
    Introduction and biblography to answering:

Karl Marx, Emile Durkheim and Max Weber have been named among the “founding fathers” of sociology. Critically discuss the contributions of any two of these theorists to the development of sociology as a discipline.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Feb 24, 2010, 12:34 AM
    Hi, cher24!

If you start the discussion by posting what you think, you'll get the best and most help here.

Thanks!
    cher24 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2010, 12:54 AM

The study of sociology emerged during the period of the industrial revolution which took place in Europe in the 1800s. Sociologists such as Karl Marx (1818- 1883) and Emile Durkheim ( 1858 – 1917) whom are referred to as “founding fathers” (which may be defined as an individual who initiates an organization or interest group) have both contributed to the development of sociology as a discipline through their work and theories developed. As “founding fathers” they both had their own perception of the function of society. Karl Marx was a conflict theorist who believed that society was in constant turmoil as there was inequality among us. He is very critical of capitalism and believes it is unjust and discriminatory- benefitting the middle class and depriving the working class. On the other hand Emile Durkheim was considered the most influential functionalist who viewed society in a scientific way. He believed that members of society were in agreement with one another; they all had the same aspiration and stance, which means that relationship in society are controlled in terms of policies.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Founding fathers of sociology (Second Part) [ 2 Answers ]

Here i am required to do the body of the essay and the conclusion ...so the introduction is left out....The essay should be 3 paragraphs with each paragraph posessin no more than 12 lines. The question Karl Marx, Emile Durkheim and Max Weber have been named among the “founding fathers” of...

Founding fathers sociology [ 34 Answers ]

Karl Marx, Emile Durkheim and Max Weber have been named among the “founding fathers” of sociology. Critically discuss the contributions of any two of these theorists to the development of sociology as a discipline. here is what i have so far....... According to Mulkey (1993) sociology...

Part real, part animated 80s movie girl stopms ant [ 1 Answers ]

OH MY GOD. I have been searching and reading online trying to find this movie. All I remember is that part of the movie is real (starts out real)... I feel like the little girl stomps on an anthill... she becomes real... I can't remember much. It is not Katy Caterpillar, Phantom Tollbooth, or...

How to claim fathers from fathers neglegence in child support after 20 years [ 2 Answers ]

I was born in georgetown guyana.my dad departed yo canada since I was a 4 year old kid,I suffered since because dad never sent one sent to my grandma (his mom to support me)AS A RESULT I WAS PHYSICALLY,PHYCHOLOGICALLY,SEXUALLY AND MORE,abused as a result of dads absence and lck of responsabliity as...

View more questions Search