Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wendy2086 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2010, 09:01 PM
    Battered wives
    Are there women out there who were battered twenty or thirty years ago and still suffering the consequences--in their own behavior and through their adult children?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 23, 2010, 09:02 PM

Most likely yes.
    vLinko Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2010, 04:59 AM
    A lot of people. I don't nessacarily know how to put the demons of the past to rest. Or how to spell necessary either. Wow. Um anyway. It is sometimes a lot harder to orientate yourself than to give advice, hell it's a lot easier to give advice but to step in someone's shoes. But stay frosty.
    positiveparent Posts: 1,136, Reputation: 291
    -

Jul 10, 2010, 05:21 PM

Yes I was a Domestic Violence Victim some 20 years ago, however I overcame the effects and I am now a Survivor, as hard as it is to overcome the damage of being in an abusive relationship you have to adopt the mindset of not allowing it to make you a victim, because thatll keep you locked in the past, whereas if you tell yourself its not going to have a hold on the rest of your life and that you're a Survivor then you'll find you eventually will move on and start living again.

You cannot help what happened to you but you can determine that you won't let it influence the rest of your life.

My abuse was fairly severe too, my ex tried to kill me literally. You can move on if you want to...

It can only effect your future or your children's future if you allow it too...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

RIhanna Battered Pic [ 3 Answers ]

HI guys,, Has anyone seen the new pics of RIHANNA being battered by boyfriend Chris Brown? Im overanalysing again.. or maybe I'm obsessed.. But when you are battered 1) Usually the hit comes near the cheek ( trussme I know ) or the eyes.. which means the eye turns black or the cheek...

New husband dealing with battered Spouse Syndrome [ 3 Answers ]

I have a question and I'm trying to understand my wife. My wife came from a abusive husband he never hit her but she said he used mental abuse to her allot, as well as sexual abuse as well. She is seeing a female counselor who has been through the same thing as my wife. She just started her...

Old wives tales [ 7 Answers ]

Anyone have any interesting old wives tales about pregnancy that they can share... I'm trying to see if any gender pretiction ones are accurate for twins... lol.. before we go in for the u/s that will tell us.

View more questions Search