Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Basha Leah Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2010, 11:51 AM
    White furry stuff on concrete floors
    Last Friday, we pulled up our hard wood floors because they buckled, we know we have a drainage problem and Also last Friday they starting digging the trenches for the drainage around our property. I noticed on Saturday that there is white fuzzy stuff popping up on the slab. I sprayed with bleach... didn't go away. Last night I scrubbed and used a mold killer ( I don't remember the name) and today it's back. What else can I do to get rid of this stuff so we can have a new floor put in our house. Will the moisture barrier under the floor help?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2010, 03:38 PM

Efflorescence -- White Fluffy Crystalline Powdery Deposit on Concrete

Drylock's dry powder for painting prep that's mixed with water will work too. Use adequate ventilation and personal protective equipment for working with acids. Gloves and goggles and clothing you don't care about.
    reesemaxey Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2011, 01:29 PM
    What cause the white furry stuff to come on my concrete floor?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Laying laminate wood floors over concrete subfloor [ 10 Answers ]

I have concrete floors which I painted and sealed with 4 coats of oil based polyurethane. I want to lay laminate wood floors now. Do I still need a vapor barrier? I am only doing this because the oil-based poly has yellowed in areas and looks like dog pee stains! The paint job is still good after 8...

Interior concrete floors over the existing concrete slab [ 4 Answers ]

Can you put an interior decorative concrete floor over an existing concrete slab that now is carpeted

Stain concrete floors [ 2 Answers ]

I have a house on a slab in the North East. I want to remove the carpet and treat the concrete floors to be a finish product. I am not looking for paint finish. I was thinking about acid stain and I heard someone had actually used shoe polish and buffed it to make it look like granite or stone....

Any advise on concrete staining of interior floors? [ 3 Answers ]

We are contemplating replacing the tile and carpet with concrete staining. Will the marks from the tile show when the concrete is stained? Are the floors easy to maintain?

View more questions Search