Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mhebert4 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2010, 10:33 AM
    Can I use Power Grab adhesive to apply tile to ceiling?
    Can I use Power Grab adhesive when installing tile on shower ceiling. There will be Durock backer board installed. If so, can I use dabs of the adhesive, or does it need to be spread over the entire surface of the tile?
    mtconc Posts: 119, Reputation: 9

Feb 24, 2010, 10:32 AM

Why can't you use mastic? I'm not familiar with this power grab
    JazMan Posts: 219, Reputation: 14

Feb 24, 2010, 01:06 PM
    Since you should be using "real" thin set mortar (powder) for your shower walls and floor, why not use it for the ceiling too? It's also the best product to use. I bet you're afraid the tiles will fall. No they won't. Just mix it right, nice and thick but creamy. Might be easier to spread on the backs of the tiles. Apply, push & slide back & forth to create a suction, and you should be all set.

BTW, you do not absolutely need cement backer on the ceiling, it's great if you want to, but not required. How are the walls and shower floor going to be done? What type of waterproofing and moisture barrier method will you be using?

Jaz

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tile adhesive not drying [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, We have got some 316 x 450mm tiles which we have been tiling on plywood in our bahtroom. However, some of those tiles won't stick. After two days the adhesive below is still not dry and the tile can easily be taken off again. We have use Unibond anti mould premixed adhesive. Could anyone...

Adhesive for tile over sheet vinyl [ 1 Answers ]

What is the difference between mastic and thinset adhesive and which should be used when installing ceramic tile over sheet vinyl floorcovering?

Ceramic tile over self adhesive vinyl tile work? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a small bathroom with self-adhesive vinyl tile on the floor. Can I put ceramic tile over this vinyl tile?

Tile adhesive will not dry [ 1 Answers ]

Have installed 12x24 inch porcelain tiles in our kitchen on top of old tiles. Used a premixed tile adhesive (which a friend used in his kitchen on top of old tile with no problem). After 5 days it has not dried fully (only dried in a few spots). Will it dry eventually or do I have to start over?

Ceiling tile adhesive [ 2 Answers ]

What type of adhesive should be used when installing 4" tile squares to the ceiling of a small, 32" x 32" shower stall. The substrate is cement board. Thanks for the assist! Jay Lorenco

View more questions Search