Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shindiawa Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2010, 07:42 AM
    1964-65 Western Auto Wizard
    I have a older wizard that I fixed up;and I was wonder if it really had any value,
    Thanks for reading

Feb 23, 2010, 07:48 AM

Here's a picture.
    Attached Images

crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Feb 23, 2010, 09:42 AM

Hi,
    Nice work! I have done restoration work on some very old machines during the winter "off" months in my area. I was doing the garden tractors like the old Allis Chalmers, Cub Cadets, etc.
    Yahoo has various groups dedicated to older machines that you can sign up with for free. There are others around though it can sometimes be difficult to separate the farm tractors from the others.
    I have no idea of its value. When I did it at a dealer, some of the customers sometimes required approval of every area I worked, while others set a dollar figure at which to contact them.
    I once worked on a Deere with a dollar figure and had it running though not the best because of a worn out carb. When I told the boss, he asked me what I had done so far and I gave him my paperwork. A short while later he informed me that I still had about $250 left in the budget customer's budget, so I ordered the $150 carb. The machine ran like a champ.
    Good luck, and remember it is called a vintage lawn mower, not old or antique.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Feb 23, 2010, 09:49 AM

Thanks Clarke.
    I'll check out the sites.
    I have looked at a few that's how I decided the year .
    Thanks Again
    DG Posts: 1,375, Reputation: 109
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2010, 10:12 AM

That's pretty cool .I'm looking at one similar but it has a steering wheel >Good Job

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

1965 western auto wizard imperial [ 4 Answers ]

I picked up a 1965 western auto wizard imperial lawn mower model#2xc0441 with a B&S 4hp, 4 stroke engine. It won't start. I changed the plug, fresh gas, changed the oil, took off the housing and wire brushed the rust off the flywheel? For the magnet. I used ether and even tried pouring a...

Civil rights act of 1964 [ 1 Answers ]

What year did the civil rights act of 1964 happen?

1964 Tub Replacement [ 2 Answers ]

I have purchased a Swanstone Retrofit shower base. I did the measurements from the original tub drain to the wall and thought everything was going to line up. Little did I know that the drain was actually much closer to the wall studs and that it T'd to go under the tub drain. The shower base...

View more questions Search