Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mydotnfear Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2010, 01:43 AM
    What type of motherboard do I have?
    How do I know exactly what motherboard I have in my comp?
    suhari Posts: 56, Reputation: 3

Feb 23, 2010, 01:59 AM

CPU-Z is a freeware that gathers information on some of the main devices of your system.

CPU

* Name and number.
    * Core stepping and process.
    * Package.
    * Core voltage.
    * Internal and external clocks, clock multiplier.
    * Supported instructions sets.
    * Cache information.

Mainboard

* Vendor, model and revision.
    * BIOS model and date.
    * Chipset (northbridge and southbridge) and sensor.
    * Graphic interface.

Memory

* Frequency and timings.
    * Module(s) specification using SPD (Serial Presence Detect) : vendor, serial number, timings table.

System

* Windows and DirectX version.
    rs232c Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2010, 03:05 AM

Cpu-z, sisoft sandra, everest, pc-check, a lot of open source programs I am sure from sourceforge.net, some I can't remember if they are still out there.

You can also check your manufacturer support page with your dell service tag or serial number.

If you don't believe any of them, you can open the case and read it off the motherboard or run the FCC ID Number.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Type I and Type II Errors (Statistics and Probability) [ 1 Answers ]

A researcher studying stress is interested in the blood pressure measurements of chief executive officers (CEOs) of major corporations. He believes that the mean systolic blood pressure, of CEOs of major corporations is less than mm Hg, which is the value reported in a possibly outdated journal...

Motherboard [ 5 Answers ]

Ok, my dell Inspiron 9300 is acting up again, the power supply cord which is a female plug will not stay tight into the port. So the screen flashes bright and dim as it goes from AC to battery. It does the same thing on my AC and my DC supply. So it is not the exterminal plug it is the plung...

Motherboard came from? [ 1 Answers ]

I was given this light brown and light ornge colored M.B. that says P4SD(or O)-LA. Any idea what it came out of?not much else on it (it has a : mPGA478B).I need to look up the manual on it.HELP! PLEASE!

Motherboard... [ 3 Answers ]

Hi! I wonder how to find out if my motherboard is ATX or not, cause I'm buying an new midi tower for my PC and I wonder if my current motherboard will fit in to it...

View more questions Search