Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ohsohappy Posts: 1,564, Reputation: 314
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2010, 12:18 AM
    My wisdom tooth hurts like Heck.
    So today I ate a Twix bar and my bottom left wosdom tooth began to just THROB. I've never felt suchhorrible pain in my mouth before. It's halfway crowned, and ALL of them are impacted. I wish I could show you the x-rays. Anyway, It REALLY hurt. I had to take 2 ibuprofen to help the pain subside. The thing is, that I don't like to take that too often because it upsets my stomach if I don't eat, and it hurt to eat. So until I can get them extracted (hopefully the second week of March) what can I do to dull the pain if it comes back again? I also tried oragel, it tasted funny and made me drool a bit.. . Anyway, it's not a terrible pain right now, but I definitely feel a dull ache, like it's all pressure.

Can someone please give me some tips? Now I know how babies feel.
    suziq3 Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Feb 23, 2010, 12:28 AM

You could try a different over the counter pain reliever & see if it doesn't upset your stomach, like Tylenol.
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2010, 05:26 AM
    You could also drink Ensure or some other liquid meal replacement so you have something on your stomach. Alternate every 2 hours with Ibuprofen and then Tylenol, that will get the pain under control or better yet... keep sugar away from the tooth!
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2010, 12:09 PM

Yeah Yeah I know twix=sugar, sugar=bad. Thanks for the tips. I don't usually like to drug myself up, but if my mouth starts to hurt as bad as it did yesterday then I'll have to. It's hard to focus on anything else when you can't even swallow without feeling extra pressure there. We'll see how it goes. Maybe applesauce or potatoes won't be so bad either.

Thank you!
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2010, 12:12 PM

Yogurt's easy to eat too. :)
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2010, 12:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by justcurious55 View Post
    yogurt's easy to eat too. :)
    Good idea, I'll have to find some that I don't hate. :)
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2010, 12:23 PM

Have you ever tried greek yogurt? It's one of my favorites. It's really thick. And especially yummy with honey.
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2010, 01:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by justcurious55 View Post
    have you ever tried greek yogurt? it's one of my favorites. it's really thick. and especially yummy with honey.
    No I haven't. I should.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Wisdom tooth [ 4 Answers ]

Why do my wisdom teeth smell?

Wisdom tooth [ 11 Answers ]

Hello:) Recently my last wisdom tooth came in. But the thing is my wisdom tooth came in with only 2 crowns and a hook, one of the crowns is broken or did not form right and catches my tongue or my inside cheek. Also I believe it is hollow, I mean that there isn't much in the center. I am afraid...

Wisdom tooth removal [ 31 Answers ]

I am a 23 year old male, I have had to remove three wisdom teeth so far with the last one done like 3 days ago, Here's the link to the X ray OPG of my teeth, ImageShack - Hosting :: dsc00339vg2.jpg the one removed is the lower left jaw tooth which is on the right side of the image, and as you can...

Wisdom tooth [ 2 Answers ]

I have had a bad wisdom tooth for a few years. Scared to go to dentist. It has just fell out, no pain or bleeding. Looks like the whole tooth. What should I do?:confused: :(

Broken Wisdom Tooth [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I've been putting off posting here for ages, and just reading over everyone else's questions and answers. I'm overly terrified of going to the dentist due to a bad experience as a kid. My last visit was I'd say 10 years ago when I had my braces removed, and was consulting to have my...

View more questions Search