Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sam darden Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2010, 05:18 PM
    Kenmore Heavy duty soft heat dryer won't turn ?
    Kenmore Heavy duty soft heat dryer won't turn, still heats up, motor still hums, but, won't turn!
    mscreations Posts: 29, Reputation: 2

Feb 22, 2010, 08:10 PM

Sounds like you need a belt.

Follow these instructions to open the dryer: How to Remove the Dryer Front

Check the belt. If it is just draped over the drum or broken, then you need a new belt. Also make sure that you don't need an idler while you have the machine apart. If you have an idler that is simply a slide, replace it with one that has an actual wheel. If you have an idler with a wheel, make sure that the wheel spins freely.
    A00402213 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2011, 10:39 AM
    How much does the belt cost ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heating Problem - Kenmore Heavy Duty 60 Series Soft Heat [ 4 Answers ]

My Kenmore Heavy Duty 60 Series Soft Heat Model 96565210will not heat on any setting. The dryer runs normally, it just won't heat at all. We did install a new heat element, and that would not heat up. Any help is appreciated!

Kenmore soft heat large capacity heavy duty push to start button won't work [ 2 Answers ]

I have a heavy duty kenmore dryer and the push to start button on it will not start the dryer. It feels like it has disconnected somehow but I don't know. I am looking to buy the parts to fix it with. Help please.

Kenmore heavy duty 60 series soft heat large capacity [ 2 Answers ]

Dryer will not heat

Kenmore-Heavy Duty Dryer - no heat [ 2 Answers ]

My dryer is running without any heat, is there a thermostat or something similar that I can change or is this the end?

View more questions Search