Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tony Diaz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2010, 04:43 PM
    Travertine tile 3/4 inch transition help
    We have installed travertine tile in a large foyer. The transition to the living room is 3/4 inch difference to terrazo. What can we use for the transition? There is also a step down on the other side of the floor. Is unfinished travertine edge strong enough for the edge with foot traffic?
    mtconc Posts: 119, Reputation: 9

Feb 23, 2010, 08:57 AM

Is this stone or ceramic tile that looks like the stone? You can use wood that is stained to the color you like or marble threshold. I would not recommend an unfinished edge... ever

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Carpet to Tile transition [ 10 Answers ]

I have the tile intalled and will be installing the carpet up to it. The border will be 11 feet long and runs across part of my basement from wall to wall. I would like to just butt the carpet up to the tile and tuck it in without using threshold which would visually separate the two areas. My...

Tile to hardwood transition [ 2 Answers ]

The kitchen, hall & bathroom (all connected) floors are linoleum and the same level as the hardwood floors in the other rooms. I want to replace the linoleum with ceramic or porcelain tile, but I don't want know what to do about the height difference that would make. Also, should I do the tile...

Travertine Tile in Shower [ 1 Answers ]

A friend just had travertine tile installed in a walk-in shower. The tile his many holes, which is a characteristic of travertine. Should the holes be filled? With what? It looks good, but doesn't seem practical, since water will accumulate in those holes. What should she do? Thanks.

What flooring goes under tile (Travertine) [ 2 Answers ]

I have removed the existing flooring down to the plywood. The plywood isn't very stiff and I am concerned the tile will crack. I am installing natural stone tile (Travertine) and would like to know what subflooring material to install between the plywood and the tile. I have heard cement backer...

Transition from travertine tile to stained concrete flooring [ 2 Answers ]

I just recently removed carpeting and padding from my main living area (gotta love having 3 dogs and a long haired cat!! ) and had stained concrete floors made, finished with a thick coat of epoxy (again, love those dogs). While I'm using quarter round trim to finish along the baseboards, I'm...

View more questions Search