Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wrightsb32 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2010, 02:46 PM
    Search for books by plot
    A children's book from 50's-70's about a girl who moved to a house with a staircase in a turret with velvet curtains where she liked to read... also another from the same time, one about a girl who lived near an abandoned house where she used to go and play and fixed it up and maybe ended up living there? I remember both books (vaguely!) from childhood and would love to read them with my daughter...
    Tekiel Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2010, 08:33 PM

The first is vaguely familiar, but I'd need more details.

As for the second, try Mandy, by Julie Edwards (Julie Andrews). It might be what you're looking for.
    jennestes Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2013, 04:15 PM
    It's a young adult book from the 1980's. The main character was a very talented artist, but is severely abused by her alcoholic mother. A boy tries to reach out to her, but she has to keep their friendship a secret?
    suebee77 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2013, 03:29 PM
    First one sounds like "The Velvet Room."

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Only the plot to go on [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I'm looking for the author and tiltle of a book I read a while ago. It's set in rural England where a girl comes over from America to stay with her cousins. Then a (fictional) war breaks out, all communications are shut down so it's chaos. They're stuck at this farmhouse with no adults, the...

The plot [ 2 Answers ]

What's the plot of this movie called the Prestige??

I read a series of books (6 or 7) I remember the plot, not the titles. [ 1 Answers ]

I read a series of 6 or 7 books about 15 years ago. I need help remembering the name of the series, I don't remember the name of the books or characters. I only remember the plot line and a couple of odd things that happened. I remember a girl travelled to another world or time at first by...

View more questions Search