Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nothing2prove Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2006, 09:25 PM
    Smoking and drinking
    All of my siblings and my parents smoke and drink. I'm always around them and I can't stand the smell of smoke. How do I get them to stop smoking and drinking?:confused:
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Nov 26, 2006, 09:34 PM
    You can not. They need to change on their own. If you do not want to be around that. Why not leave while this is going on.
    MasonRacin Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Nov 27, 2006, 12:53 AM
    You could try asking them nicely to go outside and smoke. That probably won't help though. If you sit down with them and have a serious conversation about this, and express your dislike of this and explain to them the health hazzards of secondhand smoke, maybe they be courteous and leave the room or go outside when they smoke. You can't change anyone, but maybe you can encourage them to take your health into consideration.
    imation Posts: 284, Reputation: 36

Nov 27, 2006, 01:23 AM
    You should definitely tell them about it, tell them you feel uncomfortable when they smoke and drink, the previous poster was right in saying that u can't change them, but only encourage them to do the right thing
    isabelle Posts: 309, Reputation: 31

Nov 27, 2006, 06:47 AM
    You didn't mention your age. If you are a child and living there , I don't see how you can do anything.. Talking to them may help.. it is worth a shot. They have to want to change.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Drinking and pregnancy [ 7 Answers ]

I was just wondering... I got pregnant about 2 years ago and before I knew I was pregnant, I went out drinking a couple times. I ended up having a miscarriage at about 10 weeks. How much harm does this drinking do to the baby within the first couples weeks of being pregnant? I mean I...

Smoking and drinking [ 2 Answers ]

All of my siblings and my parents smoke and drink. I'm always around them and I can't stand the smell of smoke. I do I get them to stop amoking and drinking?:confused:

I think my dog has a drinking problem... [ 3 Answers ]

Our Basset Hound puppy won't stop drinking water when he has it available to him. It doesn't matter how much he's had, he just keeps drinking until it's gone, and his belly swells up like a watermelon until he pees it all out. How do we get him to stop? Thanks for the help. -B

Drinking and driving [ 6 Answers ]

My 19 year old daugheter got drunk and drove herself home. We have taken the car away except when using for work. What is a reasonable time to keep her from driving?

8 week old puppy not eating but drinking [ 1 Answers ]

I just brought home an 8 week old Scottish Terrier puppy from a very loving breeder. I'm not sure if he's just too young or what's going on. He ate the first night I brought him home and now he hasn't eaten in the past two days. He drinks plenty of water and is piddling but short of force...

View more questions Search