Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nothing2prove Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2006, 09:25 PM
    Smoking and drinking
    All of my siblings and my parents smoke and drink. I'm always around them and I can't stand the smell of smoke. I do I get them to stop amoking and drinking?:confused:
    stlouisarcher Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Dec 15, 2006, 12:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nothing2prove
    all of my siblings and my parents smoke and drink. im always around them and i can't stand the smell of smoke. i do i get them to stop amoking and drinking?:confused:
    You can't control anybody's behavior but your own. However, you can limit the amount of time you spend around people--even family--whose addictions bother you or threaten your own health (which they do). Alanon and Alateen (in the Blue Pages of your phone book in the US) have support meetings that can help re drinking. Both of my parents died from smoking-related illnesses, so I can relate t that as well. Also, I've been sober 11 years. Hope this advice helps. (Remember, I'm not a doctor or therapist--just a human.)
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Dec 15, 2006, 01:02 PM
    Excellent post from St Louis to which I would only add this: Perhaps you can make small changes by thinking outside the box too -- like, for example, invite them to meet you at nonsmoking places to do nondrinknig activities?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Drinking and pregnancy [ 7 Answers ]

I was just wondering... I got pregnant about 2 years ago and before I knew I was pregnant, I went out drinking a couple times. I ended up having a miscarriage at about 10 weeks. How much harm does this drinking do to the baby within the first couples weeks of being pregnant? I mean I...

Flux & Drinking Water [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering how soon after having our house repiped we can drink the water? We were told to flush the lines "really well" to get the flux and solder junk flushed out. What does that mean? 2 days, a week? Please can someone tell me? Thank you!

I think my dog has a drinking problem... [ 3 Answers ]

Our Basset Hound puppy won't stop drinking water when he has it available to him. It doesn't matter how much he's had, he just keeps drinking until it's gone, and his belly swells up like a watermelon until he pees it all out. How do we get him to stop? Thanks for the help. -B

Drinking and driving [ 6 Answers ]

My 19 year old daugheter got drunk and drove herself home. We have taken the car away except when using for work. What is a reasonable time to keep her from driving?

8 week old puppy not eating but drinking [ 1 Answers ]

I just brought home an 8 week old Scottish Terrier puppy from a very loving breeder. I'm not sure if he's just too young or what's going on. He ate the first night I brought him home and now he hasn't eaten in the past two days. He drinks plenty of water and is piddling but short of force...

View more questions Search