Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kirthay Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2010, 03:31 AM
    How do I change my sons surname to my married mane
    My son who is 16 has my maiden name on his birth certificate with his biological father named on it he has not seen his biological father since he was 3 months old I have never received a penny from him and no attempt at contacting us my husband has bought him up since he was 3 months old so when we married when he was 2 years old and had other children we gave our son my new married name this is the name he has grown up with now that my son is 16 and would like a passport I would like to know how to change his name properly and possibly my husband to adopt him I also heard that I would need to adopt him too for this to happen thank you
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 22, 2010, 06:21 AM

The father is going to have to approve a change in the birth certificate. I would strongly suggest you contact a Family Law lawyer. The best course would be for your husband to adopt your son. The attorney can handle all the procedures to get the bio father's rights terminated.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 22, 2010, 02:44 PM

What name is on his school records? And to get a passport your going to need the fathers permission also. Changing the name may not be easy because your child is 16.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can my sons father wants to change my sons last name without my consent ? [ 3 Answers ]

My son's father want to change my son's last name to his. My son is 6 years old and his father has never been in his life till now. Is his father allwoed to change my son's last name without my consent?

Change of Surname [ 1 Answers ]

On the census's my gg grandfather is recorded to have been born in Wiltshire but I can find no record of him but my grandad has always been told that there was a change of surname around the time his grandpa was born. The family is from Ireland we believe but as I don't know the original name I've...

Wanting to change sons last name father not on birth cert and not in sons life [ 10 Answers ]

I need help my son is almost 3 and his father will not sign the birth cert and will not pay child support and will not give up his rights I am a single mother who has kept myself off welfare because they will go after him and. I am not wanting anything from him, I am just wanting to take his last...

Married surname finder? [ 1 Answers ]

How can I find someone's married name using their maiden name? Looking for a family member.

Changing my sons surname? [ 3 Answers ]

My son went to live with his father two years ago we have a joint residence order. My son resides there during the week and with me at the weekends. According to my sons father my son would like to change his surname to his. Apparently my son was upset when the school referred to him as Mr (my...

View more questions Search