Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ximi82 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2010, 12:47 AM
    How do you explain my bisexuality?
    Hi!

I'm a 28-year-old guy seeking some advice for my bisexuality.

In the first place, I feel attracted to both good looking males and females. With males, it's more physical than sexual, and the closer I'm to them the less I tend to feel for them.

But my major concern is that, before intercourse, I get erections more easily with men than women.

Is this normal? Should I stop seeing guys altogether?

Thanks for reading it, and please help me with your opinions.
    leifweaver Posts: 39, Reputation: 11

Feb 22, 2010, 01:10 AM

This is normal, just uncommon. There is no reason to not enjoy your relationships with men as well as women.
    TommyBotham Posts: 18, Reputation: 0

Feb 22, 2010, 04:07 PM

Imo, you need to decide whether you are homo or heterosexual. From my experience there is no such thing as bisexuality. It is a 'choice' and it's a selfish choice at that. If you say you feel more emotionally connected to women, then it is obvious that your attraction to men is one step away from being completely immoral:

'With males, it's more physical than sexual'

Says it all really. I think you are heterosexual and yes you should stop seeing men altogether if you want that female relationship that you infer in your post.

If you are in fact homosexual, then it is the opposite and stop seeing women altogether - but I doubt this is the case.

Feb 22, 2010, 11:52 PM
    Thanks both of you for your opinions, highly appreciated by me.
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Feb 23, 2010, 08:44 PM

It's very possible to be physically attracted to one gender, and emotionally attracted to another. It's also not completely unheard of.

You don't have to stop seeing men, or women, unless that's what you want to do. If you aren't becoming physically aroused by the women you're with, not seeing guys won't change that. On the same note, not seeing women won't cause an emotional connection with men.

What you need to do is find someone you an connect with on both levels. That may take quite some time. Until then, just have fun and be safe. You're still young enough to date around and explore your options.

Feb 24, 2010, 06:19 AM

Thanks, hheath541! You're just right!

All the best!
    ydaisysm Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2011, 02:21 AM
    Don't stop seeing guys because you're worried that you may like them more than men, if you stop seeing guys then that will just be like denying who you are and though I know that trying to forget about it may be easier it will mean that you will be living a lie and only due to fear.

I can't say that it is normal because I wouldn't know but I am sure that the fact you are more turned on by men is not an issue and nothing to worry about. Being bi is complicated and most bi's will still prefer one gender of another despite there sexuality. By the sound of it you prefer men but are worried about having commitment with a man - this is likely to because you are worried about what other people might think of you or simply the fact that it will be harder to have a family but there is nothing to be afraid of because there are many people out there who are bi and are going through sommething similar to what you are and it gets better, believer that.

This website may help you to sort things out in your head. http://www.bisexualindex.org.uk/index.php/Bisexuality
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 21, 2011, 06:01 AM

This thread is over a year old. The OP has not been back.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Bisexuality, What do you think? [ 15 Answers ]

Hi, There was a discussion on another board, that questioned the nature of bisexuals. I have heard a lot of different opinions on it's nature, validity and even it's existence. What are people's opinions on this honestly?

Does Bisexuality Exist? [ 67 Answers ]

This is a follow-up derived from another thread. I've maintained, as a gay man, that bisexuality in men is a myth which can be explained as either a confusion over definitions of sexual orientation or a denial of being gay, or both. I have no opinion about bisexuality in women (that might be...

Can You Explain? [ 7 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, (1 Corinthians 15:12) Now if Christ is being preached that he has been raised up from the dead, how is it some among YOU say there is no resurrection of the dead? John 11:11, 14-44: “ ‘Lazarus our friend has gone to rest, but I am journeying there to awaken him from sleep.’.....

View more questions Search