Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    30yrolddad Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2010, 10:15 PM
    Can my still wife move my son out of state?
    We live in California and we are still married and my son is six yrs old, she also has a 10 yr old who is not my biological daughter, we separated 11 months ago and now she told the kids she is moving in two weeks to Vegas. I don't know how to stop this from happening, I had an agreement with her of visiting my son every other weekend where he would stay with me from Friday night to Sunday night. Now my son told me they're moving to Nevada and he's totally confused. She just met this new Guy about a month ago and now she's moving the kids with him.
    Please Help! I can't let this happen to my child...
    30yrolddad Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2010, 10:21 PM
    Can my wife move my son out of state without my permission?
    Neither of us have legal or physical custody of the child and my son lives with her...
    She's planning to move in two weeks and I need to stop her. Please help, my child is everything to me and she's doing this to escape her financial issues with some guy she just me and will take care of her financially.
    My son is hurting and it breaks me to see him suffer like that, what can I do to stop her?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 22, 2010, 02:37 PM

You go to court and file for visitation. I hope you already filed for divorce? You need to do this ASAP.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 22, 2010, 02:48 PM

Your two threads have been merged, please don't start different threads for the same issue. If you need to ask a follow-up, use the Answer this Question options.

As califdad said, you need to be in Family Court tomorrow morning and file a petition for joint custody, and visitation. You need to ask for an injunction to prevent her from moving. You need to do this NOW!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Want to move out of state with son [ 5 Answers ]

I left my ex almost a year ago after 12 yrs/marriage 14 together. Good guy but more into financial support of marriage than emotional/spiritual side and going nowhere. We were married in his church and I thought I had a spiritual partner but it became evident after the marriage tha this was not...

Can my wife take my son out of state ? [ 4 Answers ]

We have join custidy of my son but she is the primary custodial, can she take my son out of state? Without my permision? How can I stop this? I don't won't to lose my son ,Please Help,he is my life Thank you so much.

I want to move out of state with my son [ 10 Answers ]

Hi . I am looking for some answers I have not live with my husband for over five years and I am looking to divorce him I have fallen in love with an other man who lives in south calriona and I want to move there to start a new life with him and I want to know can my child's father stop me ( I...

Wife is trying to move and take my son [ 2 Answers ]

First I am in Arizona. The divorce was final on the 25th. This is tricky. My 7 year old came to me and stated his mom says she can only move 100 miles. This gives me the idea she is thinking about moving. We are under Yavapai Short distance Visitation Orders. Every other weekend and on Weds. ...

Can wife move out of state with child after divorce and residency in state [ 2 Answers ]

My wife and I are living in Ohio, have been residents for 9 months and have a 14 month old child. If we divorce and she would get custody, could she ever move out of the state

View more questions Search