Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hairstyle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2010, 08:25 PM
    Manipulating grown daughter that has her own children and does not want to take rese
    My grown daughter in the past abused precrip drugs other druges and drank she has been doing well but still makes me feel guilty, she borrowed my sons first car never gave it back had been getting tickets, and I stupidly put insc on it till I do not know when I told her she needed to chang the title she did not she got into an accadient and I had cancled the insc and she says her life is over because of me I should not of cancled it even though she had an acc in my truck I am paying for 6 months ago in jan I was in an acc and totaled my truck which I have to pay the price and not even a month later she gets into an acc in the car she has been driving and thinks I guess that I should lose my insc so she I guess can get out of her mess and know because she has no car is not letting my grandaughterr go to scool or stay with me so she can go to school I am so angry and don't know what I should do
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 21, 2010, 08:34 PM

You need to stop letting her walk over you. When she did not give car back, you should have called police, or went and just took car back. ( even had it towed home)

You are allowing her to take advantage of you.

What would I do, stop talking to her, tell her to come back when she is ready to say I am sorry, pay you back for the car and straighten her life out. Until then don't waste the phone call
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2010, 12:29 AM
    Could you please use some punctuation and not abbreviate? It's really hard to read what you've written.

Don't be a doormat. Don't lend your daughter cars, money whatever.

Put some boundaries in place and let the police know she was the driver that caused the accident.

She is an adult. Let her take on adult responsibilities.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Disrespectful grown children [ 6 Answers ]

I have a 41 year old daughter,that I was providing a cell phone for and paying her Bill, also I was providing auto insurance for her and she was suppose to pay me Monthly for the coverage,since I have no accidents, her full coverage was only $50.00 a month, and she has only paid for her auto...

Grown children problems [ 6 Answers ]

I recently have just grown tired of being a mother to 3 grown children-they don'[t want to grow up! In fact it seems that the more money I throw at them to bail them out, the more they need. I just recently had a problem with my 35 year old daughter whom I might add I bought her a car, she...

Why do grown children all of a sudden forget they ever had a mother? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello My son never calls me or ever lets me see my granddaughter. I tried writing to him & he never writes back or returns my emails. I haven't seen my granddaughter over a yr nor my son. Soon my grandbaby will be 2 yrs old & will never get to know me. I get depressed about this....

Troubled grown daughter [ 19 Answers ]

My daughter had a biracial daughter. It was a beyond a shock. I love this child with all my heart, but my daughter treats me horrible. She never has anything to do with me unless she needs me to babysit. Today was the worst. We will probably never speak again. I can't reach her.

Grown daughter [ 31 Answers ]

I have a grown married daughter who left the country 2 years ago. She seems to have become very distant since she and her husband started their family. Our telephone conversations are fine, but our visits are stressful. I think she feels that she has to prove to her husband that she is strong and...

View more questions Search