Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    emzie89 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2010, 06:29 PM
    Is my weight a contributing factor?
    I am a couple of stone over weight but feel happy and healthy I have no residing health problems from it so I don't have a problem with it the only thing is I have had two miscarriages and really want a baby but I have been trying with my boyfriend for a while and still no luck every time my period comes I feel like crying I know people that are bigger than me that have fallen pregnant really easily but its not happening for me could my weight be the reason I can't get pregnant?
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2010, 06:37 PM

NO, The weight is not a reason. As far as can not get pregnant you have proven twice that you can get pregnant. I am sorry to hear about your miscarriages but being pregnant twice tells me you can get pregnant.

Emotions and stress can have a contribute factor in not being able to get pregnant, also depends on how long you wait in between miscarriages because after a miscarriage your body needs significant time to heal to be able to support another pregnancy also depends on how far along you were each time.

It takes about 1 year of trying for 85 percent of couples trying to get pregnant so patience is key, less stress and less emotional trauma is best.

Many times miscarriages are unexplainable but it would not hurt to get checked over by a medical doctor to find out if there is any other reason for this happening.

Many people have experienced many miscarriages before actually having a happy healthy baby it is natures normal process of trying to create a perfect baby.

Please keep this in mind, OK.
    emzie89 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2010, 06:53 PM

That's what I thought but then my doctor said they may have been something called chemical pregnancies but didn't really explain what that was, I fell pregnant quite easily both times but it has been nearly six months since the last miscarriage and haven't used contraception since, I am 3 weeks late but had a negative test but the doctors will not give me tests unless I have another miscarriage its really getting me down now, thanks for your advice though it has sort of helped to ease my mind a little

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is contributing to a minor a violation of probation in Maryland [ 1 Answers ]

On probation and rec'd a citation for contributing to the delinquency of a minor (19 year old friend had trace amount of alcohol in system). Is this considered a violation of probation?

What is the difference between contributing to a SEP or Roth IRA? [ 2 Answers ]

I have only social security income and some contract income for 2009. Would it be better to open a SEP account for the contract income or contribute to my Roth IRA. Which would give better tax treatment?

How to word the wedding invite when grooms parents aren't contributing [ 5 Answers ]

We have a sticky situation. We need suggested wedding invititation wording for when the brides father is deceased, and the grooms parents are not contributing to the wedding, but the bride and groom, and the mother of the bride are. The Grooms parents will be insulted if they are not listed on...

How do you factor this? [ 1 Answers ]

3ab+3ac+2b^2+2bc how do you factor this

View more questions Search