Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    noah Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2006, 06:12 PM
    Sump pump
    I would like to say thank you in advance. THis is the first time I have ever dealt with a sump pump. My sump pump in the basement has gone out. I have tried draining the water; however the water level remains at the same spot. Am I just being impatient or am I doing something wrong?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 27, 2006, 12:46 PM
    I'm looking for a complaint here. The pump won't run ? The pump ruins but doesn't pump? If the pump won't kick off then check the power source at the breaker box to see if it's getting electricity. Next check the float switch to see if it's operating. And lastly if everything checks out so far, check the motor windings. Good luck, Tom
    HubbardHome Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2010, 01:42 PM
    Check intake screen, backflow valve, plugging of effluent piping, and if OK drill a 1/8 hole between pump and backflow valve to relieve airlock

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sump pump [ 10 Answers ]

I recently bought a new house and was wondering if the sump pump draining into the main drain instead of on its own drain to outside the house is a problem? I have never had a sump pump before and was curious because we get a sewage smell inside our bathroom every once in awhile on the first floor...

Sump Pump [ 1 Answers ]

How do I remove stagnant water in my sump pump?

Sump pump [ 2 Answers ]

When it rains my sump pump works ,but there is a bab smell??

Sump Pump popping [ 1 Answers ]

We just bought a new house and the sump pump and or lines make strong popping bang every time we use the washer and it's draining or we are using several drains, the contractor says its normal I don't think so. Any ideas? It has been doing it seen we moved in ( a month)

Overactive sump pump [ 3 Answers ]

I bought a new house last Oct. I found I had an over active sump pump. The pump works every few hours in dry season and maybe every min. or so in heavy rain season. The water in the pit is crystal clear, no odor. Can someone tell me the reason? How can I fix this ? Should I just raise the pump? ...

View more questions Search