Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    heatherlock80 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2010, 02:08 PM
    Private travel trailer sale laws
    I purchased a vintage travel trailer from a private party who sells and refurbishes vintage trailers. I purchased the trailer to be restored by the same person. The person no longer has the money I paid him and the trailer has had zero work done on it. I want to get 100% of my money back. How can I do this?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 21, 2010, 02:28 PM

You can or should get the money you paid them for the restore.
    Since you actually received the vintage trailer the money you paid for it, may or may not be able to be received.

A lot will depend on the sales contract and written agreement to do the repair.

Of course after you sue him, if he does not have any money, ever actually getting the money is another issue.

If this is his business to restore trailers, what does he say about fixing it ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to age a travel trailer [ 4 Answers ]

We just bought a haico trailer but are not able to find out the year of the trailer .Is there any way of dating it?

Travel trailer [ 2 Answers ]

I have purchased a travel trailer from a 3rd party... the trailer has been paid in full... how do I obtain the original title? I have a copy.

California Private Party Car Sale Laws [ 2 Answers ]

I bought a car a couple days ago from a woman in Santa Barbara. She was advertising that it had low miles, brand new interior, etc. After picking up the car, on the way home we noticed that something was wrong with the transmission (we had not taken it on the freeway on our test drive, and the...

Trailer Foreclosed but on private property [ 2 Answers ]

My mother had a trailer on my property. She went through a divorce and had to file for bankruptcy. The trailer has been foreclosed on and I was wondering what were my rights as property owner. Can I charge storage? Do they not at least owe me lot rent? Are they responsible for property damages when...

Truck and travel trailer [ 1 Answers ]

Good morning. We are looking at purchasing a 20 ft. travel trailer. I drive a 1999 dodge ram 1500 5.2 litre 4x4. My truck has 220,000 ks. I have it maintained and it runs very well. I have recently had the transmission done as well. The question I am concerned about is. Will my truck be able to...

View more questions Search