Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sheela23 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2010, 01:54 PM
    My husband was here on l1 visa... will I and my kid get SSN nubers
    How much time it will take to get SSN
    NYcityboy Posts: 785, Reputation: 65

Mar 17, 2010, 05:09 PM

L-1 visa? If you are an L-2, file for an EAD (form I-765) and after its issued, apply for the SSN. For the children, file for ITIN on form W-7 from IRS website.

Confirm with company immigration attorney. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does my Kid require SSN who is 2.5 years old? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am on L1 and my 2 year 5 months old Kid is on L2.Do I need to apply SSN for my Kid for tax returns or do I need to apply for ITIN? Please advice ! Thanks Krishna

SSN for L2 visa [ 1 Answers ]

I'm in L1 visa and my wife is in L2 visa... I have applied for EAD for her and that status is still pending. Currently she is not employed. I want to apply for SSN for my wife. Can I do that? Is she eligible to get a SSN? Please reply... Regards, Eshwar

On F1 visa, no SSN, with spouse F2 no SSN [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm on a F1 visa with no SSN, with my wife on F2 visa and with no SSN either. We're both from Colombia and I know I can't claim her as dependent. How should I fill taxes? Should I fill as married or as single? Thanks,

On L1, Spouse and kid on L2 , should I apply for ITIN or SSN [ 3 Answers ]

Hi , I have few of questions 1. I am on L1 and my spouse and 18 month kid are on L2. Can I apply for their SSN or I should apply for ITIN. 2.In future my wife may work , and then she will applying for EAD and then get a SSN . Is it possible to get a SSN after getting ITIN. 3.We came US on...

View more questions Search