Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mlg999 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2010, 09:43 AM
    How do I connect two wires from the ceiling to a three wire fixture
    In UK Black & Red feeds from the ceoiling rose.
    I am installing a new fixture which has three transparent sheaths and one earth,
    Fixture cables one appears blue one other brown and one seems to be bi-coloured white & blue.
    I have tried different options and can get a trip or am left with the light continuously one.
    I have brown to red & blue to black with the light on and will label wires 12or3 and table results...
    McSorley Posts: 21, Reputation: 2

Feb 22, 2010, 10:58 AM

Im From the UK also

Black and blue wires ate neutral wires
    Red and brown wires are the live wires

You said you have a celing rose... in the ceiling rose how many wires are connected in it?

The light being continually on is because your connecting the always live(loop wire) directly into the live terminal therefor by-passing the switch

If you could maybe take a picture and send it to me I could mark out where everything goes

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to wire a new ceiling fixture in an old box with four wires [ 3 Answers ]

Hello all, I have a home built in the 1950s and am trying to change a simple ceiling fixture. My husband disconnected the old fixture from the ceiling, but neglected to see how it was connected. :o my question is this: I'm trying to hook up a new fixture with just one black, one white and one...

Trying to connect a ceiling light fixture [ 14 Answers ]

I just hooked-up a new light fixture but it doesn't work. Any ideas? The bulb is OK, and other lights on the circuit work. The ceiling has three wires, two of which are twisted together, which I believe is for the dimmer. The fixture has two wires; I connected one to one from the ceiling, and the...

Ceiling fixture to hot wires [ 8 Answers ]

I wish to hang a ceiling fixture where there are 2-two wire cables present. When I disconnect the wires it turns off power to the existing ceiling light fixtures which are connected to a 3 way switch. These wires have a constant power to them. How can I utilize these cables?

How to connect a ceiling light fixture [ 8 Answers ]

I just moved into a house where the seller took the kitchen light fixture. I am planning to install a new light fixture. I believe the outlet may be controlled by two different switches, and I'm not sure how to connect it. The box in the ceiling has 3 wire screws. One covers a black wire, one...

Replacing a ceiling fan with fixture that only has black & white wires [ 3 Answers ]

I am replacing a ceiling fan and there is a red, black and white wire in the ceiling box. It appears the switch is connected to the black (top connection) & red (bottom connection) on the light switch. The ceiling fixture only has a black & white wires. When I connect black to black and white...

View more questions Search