Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jjcheer013 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2006, 04:00 PM
    Tone up my butt, legs and stomach
    I really want to tone up my butt, legs and stomach. I don't eat breakfast or lunch because I'm not hungry, but I still can't seem to lose any weight. I also do crunches every night. What should I do to get in shape?
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Nov 30, 2006, 01:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jjcheer013
    I really want to tone up my butt, legs and stomach. I don't eat breakfast or lunch because i'm not hungry, but i still can't seem to lose any weight. I also do crunches every night. What should i do to get in shape?
    Not knowing what foods your eating makes it a little difficult. If your diet is rich in veggies, (steamed or stirfried), and has lots of fruits in it, great, how about whole grains like wheat breads and cereals, brown rice dishes? You need to cut out cakes, cookies and full fat ice creams and milks, Try low fat milks and substitute frozen yogurt instead of ice cream. Watch salt intakes, try not adding salt to every meal, most foods, can be wonderful with out your regular table salt added, instead us garlic powders, onion powders, look into herbs, different tastes for everything. Working out everynite, try every other night for 15-30 minutes to start. If you can get hold of a stationary bike try 30 minutes on it, walking steps, burns calories and firms up butts and stomach muscles. Drinks lots of water before each meal, and try to not go back for seconds. Cut out colas and sugar based fruit drinks, (use diet, colorie free colas) . Just keep working out and keep track of your snacks, see what's high in sugar, fats, and reduce them asap. NO FRIED FOODS, or try to cut down, use peanut oil or olive oil for cooking. Just a couple of things for you to try! You can do it!! ;) ;)
    midcoastgymnast Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2007, 07:03 AM
    Eat breakfast. Or some. It boosts your metabolism. And do cardio. That would be a start. Also, try not eating any fruits or things with bread in it for a while and see if you lose any weight. Keep it low fat though!
    Bocasean Posts: 147, Reputation: 20

Aug 10, 2007, 03:06 PM
    So you only eat one meal per day? You're never going to lose fat stores if you forcing your body into "caveman" mode by not eating. It hordes the fat because it knows that a meal might not be coming for awhile.

Any temporary weight loss you experience now will be coupled with a slowing down of your basal metabolic rate and your body will be an even less-efficient engine in the future.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Tips on how to tone your body [ 2 Answers ]

Well this is my status in body wise. Im actually inm good shape, not too fat not too skinny just in the middle but I want to start toning my muscles like enhacing the definition of my muscles kind of like bruce lees body. I don't have much too work with since I live far from a gym and all I got to...

Light area around the top of my butt [ 7 Answers ]

No matter how much I go tanning this circle around the top of my butt crack never tans. What the hell is up with this? Thanks. Good day!

Even skin tone [ 13 Answers ]

Hello, I am a young woman of east indian descent with dark brown skin that is extremely uneven. I don't have the time to spend loads of cash on skin lightening treatments, and I am only trying to lighten certain parts of my body, specifically the skin around my mouth, underarms, elbows and knees,...

No dial tone [ 2 Answers ]

Over a couple of days my phone service deteriorated until there was nothing. Then, after a day, the ADSL came back (that's how I'm doing this) but not the dial tone. I unplugged all the phones and put them back one by one, but still nothing. Any suggesitons? Verizon is going to charge me...

Workin' my butt off... yet it's still there! [ 5 Answers ]

Here's a bit of background... I am 36 years old, have two children, 6 and 3. I had my thyroid checked about 2 years ago and unfortunately (or fortunatley, I guess) I can't blame my weight on that as I did not have any thyroid issues at the time. My mother does have an underactive thyroid, by the...

View more questions Search