Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2010, 09:53 PM

What model computer?

When you hit F2 and get into BIOS setup, need to find the option there that allows you set the boot order

Most of the time, resetting the BIOS defaults will make the Cd rom the first boot device, this is what you would be trying to do.

Look for boot device option and make sure that CD rom is first in the list or change to make it first device in list of boot order.

Now you can also try the reset bios defaults, usually go the last tab and there should be an option to reset defaults, try that and say yes

In either situation, you are trying to make cd the first boot device in the boot order and then hard drive 2nd boot option.

What is F11 keys supposed to do on your PC when booting?

But go through all info above and see if anything works as this is what you need
    kwarn Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2010, 10:37 PM

My computer is a Compaq Laptop Model #2100. I bought it is 2003 and added more ram a few years ago. OK.. I did all of the above and was able to get it to boot to the CD. Right now it going through the Quick Restore. I have 4 disks to do this. Thank you for helping me out. I had everything off this computer some time ago as I knew it was having problems. I was able to get OFC 2007 removed by going to this site... support.microsoft.com/kb/97119. It removed it in dos. So that was a good thing to know. Now I will see what happens when it is restored. Thanks again... for your time. The F11 key, I thought, was to restore but it has something to do with LAN...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computer won't download [ 3 Answers ]

My computer will not let me download anything. It says the security will not let it, (do not understand) did not change anything in settings, and was downloading things before help

I cannot download anything on my computer! [ 5 Answers ]

I am trying to download the lates itunes on my computer, but my computer won't let me. It says I need Windows XP, but I have that already. I think it's because my computer is quite old and has a celeron processor. I also didn't have it connected to the internet for about a year last year, so I...

Computer does not download anything [ 2 Answers ]

Computer does not download

Computer will not download anything. [ 1 Answers ]

My computer is being wonky. Ok, so I'm not really good a computers... but, I cannot download anything at all! I try to download, and it gives me the option of "save" or "run" (usually) and I usually click run. It downloads, really fast, but then the box goes away and nothing happens. I use Windows...

Computer won't let me download [ 1 Answers ]

Every time I try to download something, like Java or spyware, or anything like that, a box pops up, kind of like the box that pops up on internet explorer and it says what an error has occures and tells me to try again later and send error report. Please help I can't listen to music or watch...

View more questions Search