Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maggiemae Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Feb 21, 2010, 06:01 AM
    Hypersensitive Sense of Smell
    I have always had a hyper-sensitive sense of smell, but it gets worse as I get older. I smell everything, things no one else can smell, it's driving me crazy and making me physically ill. When I have a cold and can't smell, I feel good! Then, when I can smell again, the headaches and joint aches come back. I want to eliminate my sense of smell, can that be done? I have asked doctors, they just laugh, I feel no one understands how this consumes my life; I cannot put into words how I smell everything and how I feel I am going crazy!
    digidude Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2010, 02:20 PM
    For as long as I can remember, I've had what I have called phantom smells, something so real, but others can't smell it

I was talked into going to the doctors, and for months I had allsorts of tests, numerous brain scans, electrical brain activity scans, sleep deprived brain scans and in the end was told its just a weird unexplainable thing ill have to live with

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hypersensitive Teeth [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have been told by my dentist that I have a few hypersensitive teeth. I have been using X-Pur toothpaste for about 6 months and it has helped with some of my teeth, but not all (the hypersensitive ones). She put a product on my hypersensitive teeth that is supposed to help. My question...

Can anyone make sense from this? [ 95 Answers ]

Basically me and my now ex girlfriend went out for 6 months, and one time after arguing with her sister and mum, we broke up for no apparent reason, afterwards she would ring and text me, and say that I deserved better etc. After she spoke to her friends they told her that she was the happist...

This old saying makes no sense! [ 1 Answers ]

Ive heard the saying "They want their cake and eat it too" But, if it belongs to them, shouldn't they be able to eat it? I don't get it... :confused:

This makes no sense to me [ 30 Answers ]

Why is it that if a person murders a pregnant woman he/she is charged for two first degree murders (assuming that the unborn child dies as well) but if a woman were to get an abortion, she is not charged with murder? I can understand that a woman has a right to her own body and everything...

Hypersensitive shower knob, Leaking onto ceiling of lower unit. [ 18 Answers ]

Hi everyone, Thanks in advance for anyone's help with this. I just moved into a second floor condo and was recently informed of a plumbing leak that's causing damage to the ceiling of the condo below me. The condo owner and I ran all the faucets in my place and we discovered that it must be the...

View more questions Search