Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Natt420 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2010, 09:52 PM
    How to get my ex back?
    I went out with my boyfriend for very close to a year. We were madly in love with each other, and we treated each other very good. Out of no where he started basically ignoring me, ditching me and being defensive (nothing led to it, it just randomly happened) for about a week. Thinking it was my fault, I tried my best to be the best possible girlfriend I could be. Yet, even with that, after a week, he broke up with me saying that he didn't have the same feelings for me. It seems like a phase because it's just so random. There was no big event that caused this. It's been 3 weeks, I've already tried talking to him about it, and we fought a little. How do I get him back? How do I get him to remember how much he loves me and how I am a positive person in his life? Please help! I don't want to be without him, he means so much to me!
    leifweaver Posts: 39, Reputation: 11

Feb 20, 2010, 10:49 PM

You are not going to like this advice, but you can almost never win someone back. People break up for all sorts of reasons that rarely have much to do with the person that they break up with. The BEST chance you have is to forget about him, and make yourself into the best person that you can be. Oddly, by becoming less self-involved, and by being more generous, more socially skilled, etc, he is more likely to realize that he had it good with you all along and come back to you. Think about that movie "groundhog day" Only when the guy gave up on trying to get the girl, and started working to help and please others, did he get the girl.

Good luck!
    boyah Posts: 3, Reputation: 0

Feb 20, 2010, 11:07 PM

Take my advice: move on, and find someone else. The harder you try, the more you'll fail to win him back. He absolutely has no interest in you anymore. It's like buying milk at a grocery store and checking for the expiration date. He liked you, wanted you, taken you, and now he's dumped you. I'm not trying to be mean here, but you're now "spoiled and rotten" in his eyes, and it appears you're not the flavor of the month anymore. Women (and men) can have a certain amount of "shelf-life"--whether short-term or long-term. You're best bet is to learn from it, grow from it, and better yourself as a person, and I swear to you that the next man you'll find will see you so much more appealing, attractive, and desirable.
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2010, 02:09 AM

Sadly,there is no magic wand to get anyone back.

As it seems his feelings have changed,you should accept that its over and start getting over him.

Read the stickies at the top of the relationship page for more advice on how to handle a breakup.
    sully123 Posts: 567, Reputation: 148

Feb 21, 2010, 04:57 AM

Sorry Nat, for your breakup. There is no magic potion to make him come back. No begging or pleading is going to work. He might have been thinking of breaking up for quite while now. I don't think it just came out of nowhere. He must have been thinking about it and had a change of feelings. I don't think its anything you did. The best thing for you to do is focus only on you and keep your distance and maintain NC. That would be for the best. You call him and chase him he is going to run the other way. If he cares enough about you, maybe he will miss you, but you need to give him time to think, and let him do his own thing. Work on you! Good luck.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 21, 2010, 12:50 PM

Leave the guy alone, as maybe you didn't see it coming, but he has been thinking of this break up for a while, and just now has the courage to do it.

He has issues,

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...ed-391424.html

and whether that played a role in this know one can know, but what you do know is,

he dumped you,

his feelings have changed,

and you have to accept it, and move on.

Follow the advice of the other posters, and read the stickies, so you will know that break ups are not a phase, or a random event that just happens.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low cold water pressure in 2 showers... Not back to back config however [ 8 Answers ]

My home is 16 years old, I've had it for 5 years. I am on a pump - with 70LBS high cutoff and 55lbs Low turn on. All copper - I have 2 Delta 1600 shower faucets - one tub spicket with shower diverter - one shower only. The tub/shower combo has allways had only a trickle of cold water and...

Can the IRS keep my back pay for Social Security Disability If I owe back taxes [ 4 Answers ]

I owe back federal taxes of approximately $13,000.00. I have a back payment of approximately $20.000.00 coming from Social Security Disability. How much money will the IRS keep of this money if any, and will they notify me before hand

Back to back bathtub and shower backing-up in to each other [ 1 Answers ]

The house is a 1950's split level. I have a tub and shower that are back to back and when you run one, it backs-up in to the other. I have opened up the bathtub stopper and removed a lot of hair and grease using an auger. I have had a little trouble putting the bathtub stopper back in place where...

Back child support and social security disability back pay [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Texas and I am making court ordered payments fro back child support for a non-minor child. I will be receiving social security disability soon and was wondering since I am making payments will my social security back pay be garnished?:confused:

Michael jordan back to back mvp how much is it worth [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know how much the Michael jordan back to back mvp is worth. Any one please help1

View more questions Search