Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    12help Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2010, 06:44 PM
    How to activate a built in microphone in a loptop(Aspire 7736Z - 4088)?
    I just purchased a new laptop with a built in web-cam & microphone. So far I was unable to activate my microphone. Every-time I record a video through the web-cam, it comes out without any volume ( I could barely hear my voice when I play it back).
    Is there some special key that I need to select in the a menu?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 20, 2010, 07:17 PM

What you need to do is increase the Mic gain. If you can hear your voice but its low the Mic is working. Do you have a speaker icon in your task bar?

Feb 20, 2010, 07:39 PM

Yes, I do. But it is already all the way up.
    My speakers work just fine when I play other videos. It is just when I record my own video, I could barely hear my voice during the playback.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 20, 2010, 07:50 PM

If you click the speaker icon it should open a panel. In the panel it should say "mixer" it should look like a lot of sliders. In there should be one for "mic" that is where you can adjust gain or you can also go to your sound card controls and adjust it there.

Feb 21, 2010, 12:05 AM

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to activate gateway wifi router with acer aspire 5517? [ 11 Answers ]

Have the dreaded feeling I've overlooked something very basic. I'm also thinking that the Acer Aspire 5517, Win7, part of this question may be important because I've tried to follow a couple step-by-steps and the instructions start differing from what my software presents. --Tom

I format my loptop and after that wireless cannot detect network even in range [ 3 Answers ]

Myos is windows vista,I downgrade it to windows xp3 sata,after that long instalation my wireless cannot detect network evev in range?I need your pecfect answer right now.thanks in advanced!

Installing built-in Microwave over built-in walloven [ 5 Answers ]

We purchased a Jenn Air built-in microwave and want to install it right above the built-in Jenn Air wall oven (so it looks like one unit, or close to that) How much space is recommended between the 2 pcs? The installation instructions are pathetic and do not say. We tired calling them and of...

View more questions Search