Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ohsohappy Posts: 1,564, Reputation: 314
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2010, 05:06 PM
    Super dry skin on face
    So a couple nights ago I slept with my makeup on because I was too tired to wash it off by the time I got home. When I woke up there was a very dry patch of minuscule bumps on my chin, and a bunch more scattered across my face. To make it worse, later that day I started my cycle, so some of it was because of the makeup, the other part was the hormones. I can't get a good picture because they're so small, you don't notice them looking at me, but I can feel them, and the patch on my chin is kind of itchy. I've been using my witch hazel toner with a scent-free, light, moisturizer along with the Eucerin Aquaphor ointment. My skin is STILL dry. I also exfoliate with a gentle scrubby (the one from the go 360 face wash, but I use my neutrogena facewash with it instead. HOW do I get rid of the dry skin? It's still there and it's ITCHY!!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 20, 2010, 05:20 PM

First of all, you should have not exfoliated, that is really drying ! Second, if you want good skin, always, then you have to be dilgent no matter how tired you ar to treat your face before you go to bed. I only use soap and water, nomally Pears soap and rinse well. I do a lot of overnight with palliative clients, but I always do that as soon as I get home at 7am.

Your regime is too complicated, ohso, get down to basics, use a really good moisturing soap that can be handled quickly when you don't feel you have the time and rise well, dry well, and a vitamin E moisturizer like St. Ives after... then crash.

Hugs, tick
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2010, 05:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    First of all, you should have not exfoliated, that is really drying ! Second, if you want good skin, always, then you have to be dilgent no matter how tired you ar to treat your face before you go to bed. I only use soap and water, nomally Pears soap and rinse well. I do a lot of overnight with palliative clients, but I always do that as soon as I get home at 7am.

Your regime is too complicated, ohso, get down to basics, use a really good moisturing soap that can be handled quickly when you dont feel you have the time and rise well, dry well, and a vitamin E moisturizer like St. Ives after.....then crash.

hugs, tick
    How so I get rid of the tiny bumps all over my face?
    Expert

Feb 20, 2010, 06:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ohsohappy View Post
    How so I get rid of the tiny bumps all over my face?
    They are bumps of dry skin (you know that). Don't use anything but water on your face at bed time and then a lot of moisture and do that for the next night if you have to. Water is enough to cleanse your face for the time being. No more exfoliating for the next week so so. I know what I am talking about, noso, at 67 I have lovely facial skin and very few wrinkles. I know they say it is genetics, but yes that is so, but I still have to take care of what I got.

Tick
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2010, 06:12 PM
    they are bumps of dry skin (you know that). Dont use anything but water on your face at bed time and then a lot of moisture and do that for the next night if you have to. Water is enough to cleanse your face for the time being. No more exfoliating for the next week so so. I know what I am talking about, noso, at 67 I have lovely facial skin and very few wrinkles. I know they say it is genetics, but yes that is so, but I still have to take care of what i got.

tick
    Soo water and moisturizer, and NO exfoliating. Right? :)
    Expert

Feb 20, 2010, 06:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ohsohappy View Post
    Soo water and moisturizer, and NO exfoliating. Right? :)
    Right... trust me. Exfoliating will only dry your skin more and then you may have some problems you can't get rid of, like clogged pores, resulting in black heads, white heads... do I make myself clear :)

Hug
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2010, 06:30 PM
    right....trust me. Exfoliating will only dry your skin more and then you may have some problems you can't get rid of, like clogged pores, resulting in black heads, white heads.....do I make myself clear :)

hug
    All right Tick, I will do it your way! Thanks so much. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

5 month old infant having skin rashes and dry skin. [ 2 Answers ]

My son is 5month old and just only on breast feed. He is having rashes on his head and body. When he was 1month old it started and still it's there from that time I am using medicines given by doctor if I use medicine its OK but even if I won't use for one day again its coming and his full body is...

Breakouts/oily skin/dry skin * [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, Im 13 ( almost 14 ) and I have dry skin around my nose , and really oily skin , and breakouts =/ I wash my face every night, use moistourizer and a lot of make-up . ( I use AVON moisture 24 and Cover Girl advanced raidiance liquid fondation ) What should I do about it. I think that the...

Pale, Dull, and Dry Skin As a Result of Skin Lightening? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, My name is linksys2000. I am new to the "Ask Me Help Desk" forum, and site. Thanks for all of the information and perspectives. Somehow, this wealth of information leads to better decisions and ultimately thoughtful choices. So thanks to all of you for promoting this site and...

Skin too dry [ 3 Answers ]

Hi My face gets too dry and flaky especially around the eyebrow area, I used all types of scrub but still the problem persists.I use nivea cream whilst going out. Although its not persistent, I have no idea why the problem occurs. Thanks

View more questions Search