Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jhmelvinjr Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2010, 04:16 PM
    I have a virus that is blocking me to get out to the internet
    I let my little brother use my other laptop for a few days. When I went to use it he loaded Karol online and Bit torrent Im not able to run a scan or use IE. Any suggestions?
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2010, 05:25 PM

Try downloading from another computer some programs like Malwarebytes Anti-Spyware, Avira Anti-virus, etc. Rename their installers and try installing. See if you can run scans with those programs.

I'm guessing that you have a virus that may be auto-killing processes. Do you currently have any anti-virus? What operating system are you running?

If you can't get any of that to work. Download the executable of HijackThis (HijackThis - Trend Micro USA) run it and copy-paste the log on here and we'll tell you what to check and remove.
    jhmelvinjr Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2010, 07:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by FadedMaster View Post
    Try downloading from another computer some programs like Malwarebytes Anti-Spyware, Avira Anti-virus, etc. Rename their installers and try installing. See if you can run scans with those programs.

I'm guessing that you have a virus that may be auto-killing processes. Do you currently have any anti-virus? What operating system are you running?

If you can't get any of that to work. Download the executable of HijackThis (HijackThis - Trend Micro USA) run it and copy-paste the log on here and we'll tell you what to check and remove.
    Great Im running xp pro as for antiviruis is McAfee but it won't let me run it . Some how they loaded a admin on the laptop as well. I can't go back to system restore it tells me to log out and log in again. I have done that a few times. I will try loading a program on a thum drive and see if that works.
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2010, 07:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jhmelvinjr View Post
    I will try loading a program on a thum drive and see if that works.
    It would be best to copy the file to a disc and finalize the disc. Many viruses like to copy themselves to removable media like flashdrives (thumb drives).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Internet Won't Work, Might Be A Virus [ 7 Answers ]

Hello Experts, Well here is the thing. I think I got a virus that did some damage to my computer settings, basically every time I try to connect to the internet it will say page not found. Also any program that tries to access the internet cannot connect at all. The weird thing is I can ping any...

Internet Won't Work, Might Be A Virus [ 3 Answers ]

Hello Experts, Well here is the thing. I think I got a virus that did some damage to my computer settings, basically every time I try to connect to the internet it will say page not found. Also any program that tries to access the internet cannot connect at all. The weird thing is I can ping any...

Redirect/Site Blocking Virus [ 4 Answers ]

This is a nasty one. I run Symantec/Norton virus protection. But, my LiveUpdate for new definitions is blocked. I'm also blocked from downloading SpyBot, and AdAware doesn't catch it. I get redirects when I click on some results in Google and Yahoo, so I have to copy/paste those URLs to get...

Blocking an internet site from my computer [ 6 Answers ]

I have searched this website for an answer to my question and tried all the solutions listed with no success. My computer is shared with the household and someone keeps logging on to a dirty site, to prevent this from happening, I want to block access to the site completely. Can this be possible...

Blocking websites in internet explorer ver 6.0 [ 3 Answers ]

My problem is that . I have to block certain mail sites and other sites . But the problem is that even though I block the sites in the content bar of explorer . Some people are going for the search engines sites and from there they are able to access those mail sites . Is there any solutions that...

View more questions Search