Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fddesmh5 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2010, 03:46 PM
    What percent of the babies born with each gestation period have a low birth weight
    Gestation Period Mean Birth Weight Standard Deviation

Under 28 weeks 1.88 lb 1.19 lb
    28 to 31 weeks 4.07 lb 1.87 lb
    32 to 35 weeks 5.73 lb 1.48 lb
    36 weeks 6.46 lb 1.20 lb
    37 to 39 weeks 7.33 lb 1.09 lb
    40 weeks 7.72 lb 1.05 lb
    41 weeks 7.83 lb 1.08 lb
    42 weeks and over 7.65 lb 1.12 lb

There are 5 exercises

Question 1) The distributions of birth weights for three gestation periods are shown. Match the curves with the gestation periods. Explain your reasoning.

Question 2) What percent of the babies born with each gestation period have a low birth weight (under 5.5 pounds)? Explain your reasoning.
    (a) Under 28 weeks (b) 32 to 35 weeks (c) 37 to 39 weeks (d) 42 weeks and over.

Question 3) Describe the weights of the top 10% of the babies born with each gestation period. Explain your reasoning.
    (a) 37 to 39 weeks (b) 42 weeks and over

Question 4) For each gestation period, what is the probability that a baby will weigh between 6 & 9 pounds at birth?
    (a) 32 to 35 weeks (b) 37 to 39 weeks (c) 42 weeks and over

Question 5) A birth weight of less than 3.3 pounds is classified by the NCHS as a "very low birth weight." What is the probability that a baby has a very low birth weight for each gestation period?
    (a) Under 28 weeks (b) 32 to 35 weeks (c) 37 to 39 weeks
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Feb 21, 2010, 01:29 AM
    Thank you for taking the time to copy your homework to AMHD.
    Please refer to this announcement: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/financ...-b-u-font.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Born Abroad and cannot find a Birth Certificate [ 2 Answers ]

I was born in Bremerhaven Germany on a US Army Base Hospital, to parents that were not America Citizens at that time. My father was in the US Military. How do I obtain a copy of the Foreign Visa/Passport they used to bring my back to the US as well as a copy of my birth ceritificate? It can not be...

Babies dads name is not on the birth certificate but his last name is on the baby [ 3 Answers ]

My baby is due in about 5 weeks and I need to know if I put the babies dads last name on my baby but I don't put him down for the father and leave it unknown could he still fight for custody of my baby? We were never married and we don't live in the same state right now. But I need to know the...

Father not around at birth. Want to add him to birth certificate/change babies name [ 1 Answers ]

At the time I had my son 5 months ago his father was not in the picture so I opted to not give him his last name or put his name on the birth certificate... however now his father came back and we are working things out.. how do I go about changing the birth certificate and my sons last name... do...

Babies born with out brains [ 1 Answers ]

I'm doing another paper.. and this one is about babies born without brains. There is hardley any info on this topic so I was wondering if anyone knew anything... im writing a persuasive essay and I think babies born without brains should be kept alive long enough to be organ donors? What do you...

View more questions Search