Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dooner Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2010, 02:14 PM
    My refrigerator is leaking water inside
    I have a kenmore coldspot model #79202990 and I too have a clogged freezer drain. I've been able to melt and remove the ice dam but I'm not sure where this drain is and I don't want to break anything. There is a metal tray in the back of the freezer on the floor and I think that's it but I'm not sure. Can anyone verify if I'm on the right track here? Thanks!
    HandyPete Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2010, 09:34 PM
    I have the same problem. The water freezes and clogs the drain in the freezer. When it works properly, the water should go down the drain. The drain goes down the back right side of the unit and collects in the drip pan. If you pull the front grill off which is on the floor, the drip pan is on the far right side. It is removable (with a little coaxing).

Does anyone have a remedy to stop the freezer drain from freezing over? I have to do this (melt the ice dam) some times twice a year but in this case it was twice in the past month. Uugh!
    Olgilvie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2010, 08:49 AM
    I have the same problem, remove the ice, thaw out the drain using super hot water applied with a turkey baster and "voilla" water runs freely to drain pan. Problem returns a few months down the line. Unit built 06/1999. I am trying to figure out how to force unit into defrost cycle so I can determine if fault is the heater coil or the bimetal-def control located in freezer section.
    Elizabeth5161 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2011, 08:15 AM
    I have the same problem with Kenmore refrigerator having a frozen drain line. What's a fast want to clear the line?
    JohnDoenut Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2011, 02:56 PM
    This is a problem that Kenmore should have had a recall on because everyone who purchased this has the same problem. I used an old internet RJ45 wire to clean out the tube system and used car wax on the inside, then crank both the freezer and fridge to the MAX and have not have to unclog it in 3 years; use to be at least once a year. The defrost mechanism and drain design are flawed and they know it. There is a kit you can find that is suppose to take care of it, but hey why bother buying a Kenmore when they know they have a recall issue and do not care?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Whirlpool refrigerator dripping water & freezing inside [ 9 Answers ]

Whirlpool Model ET22DKXFW00 drips water into refrigerator compartment, where it freezes (mostly) on the shelves and aggravates my wife. Following advice from applguy in thread 25243, I've cleaned up the ice in the freezer compartment, and found the drain plugged with ice. Applguy said "If ... the...

Kenmore Refrigerator leaking water inside [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore Refrigerator model # 106.70262990. Through different internet sites I have discovered the leak is from a frozen over or clogged drain for the self defrost in the freezer. I have removed the floor of the freezer and unplugged the refrigerator until the ice all melted that was...

Water dripping inside refrigerator [ 1 Answers ]

We have a Jenair refrigerator that drips on the inside. The freezer is above the fridge. Is this something I can investigae myself or should I call a repair person. The fridge is in our garage and I live in Florida where it is still like the dead of summer. Thanks dennisriv

Kenmore refrigerator leaking inside [ 1 Answers ]

Water leaking inside kenmore refrigerator model #253.7184210B

View more questions Search