Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wendella175 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2010, 11:27 AM
    Gooman Furnace
    Checked for flashing codes and found none. I don't know what else to do
    This is regarding the question I had about my goodman furnace. It ignites but as soon as the blower comes on the flame goes out
    hixton Posts: 146, Reputation: 5

Feb 20, 2010, 01:31 PM

Does the flame move when the blower kicks on ?

Feb 20, 2010, 01:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hixton View Post
    does the flame move when the blower kicks on ?
    the flame goes out when when blower kicks on. Do you think that it might be the heat sensor ?
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2010, 01:53 PM

When the flame comes on how long does it take the blower to come on, and how long does the blower stay on before the flame goes out.

Feb 20, 2010, 02:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by letmetellu View Post
    When the flame comes on how long does it take the blower to come on, and how long does the blower stay on before the flame goes out.
    It comes on apx. 2 to 3 seconds after the flame comes on stays on for about 2 to 3 seconds after flame goes out.

Feb 21, 2010, 09:37 AM

It also seems to have a mind of its own. The turned the switch on the side of the furnace off waited 2hrs. Turned it back on & it worked. When I woke up this morning it the blower was putting out the flame it was 61 degrees in the house turned the switch off waited 15min. Turned the switch back on and it worked. Im stumped.
    hixton Posts: 146, Reputation: 5

Feb 21, 2010, 10:24 AM

Did you clean the flame sensor?

Feb 21, 2010, 12:10 PM

Not yet I have steel wool to do so. Will definatley need to though.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Goodman furnace GMNT080-4 furnace runs good for a while then has to be manually reset [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Goodman GMNT080-4 (90%). I'm having the same problem As Streatherg did back in the Nov 2006 question. I reviewed his article and tried Every thing on there but seems to be doing the same thing. The furnace kicks on for about an hour then locks out and has to be manually reset threw...

Where is the pressure switch located on a gooman furnace [ 2 Answers ]

Where can I find the pressure switch on the goodman furnace modil gmt090-3

Intertherm furnace e2eb-017hb runs briefly, shuts off, then furnace just clicks [ 3 Answers ]

I have an Intertherm furnace, e2eb-017hb. It comes on briefly, blows warm air, then shuts off, and a clicking sound comes from the coil contacts area. I have tested the t-stat, and also replaced a coil contact, thinking that was the problem. I would appreciate any help on what to do next.

How to change DIP Switch Settings on a Gooman Air Handler [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Goodman AEPF 183016 air handler. How do I change the DIP swishes to add CPM? The product specifications state that you can speed up the fan using the #7 dip switch. Where are the DIP Switches?

Furnace Blower Motor Runs Constantly & Furnace or AC Won't Run [ 2 Answers ]

I have an Armstrong forced air (induced draft) natural gas furnace with central AC (made around 1990 -- Model: EG6H80DC14-1, Serial: A18315MNA). I had a problem at the end of the heating season where the blower motor would run continuously (even when the thermostat is turned to "off"). I thought...

View more questions Search