Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    okherewego Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2010, 11:00 AM
    98 catera rpm gauge problem
    My 98 Cadillac Catera RPM gauge will go up but will not come back down. If I push the RPM neadle back to 0 with a piece of wire through the odomiter reset button hole, it will jump up a little at a time when the car is running and not come back down at all. Do you know the cause? Do you know where the gauge sending unit is on the engine that tells the gauge the engine speed (RPM's)? Do you know where I can get a repair manual?

Check out some similar questions!

HONDA CIVIC EX 96 fluctuate rpm problem [ 4 Answers ]

Hi , I have a honda civic ex 96 ,when is in idle and I turn on the a/c the rpm fluctuate, its go about 100 rpm up and down not that much, sometime went I accelerated to 2,000 rpm and let it go back to idle it work normal ,but most of the time that I'm driving and it goes to idle start fluctuate...

Jumping rpm gauge [ 1 Answers ]

The rpg needle jumps, I CHANGEd the icm, coil, new battery. And it jumps then settle down and the car runs OK. I noticed that when I shift when this problem is occurring, that the needle will jump every time I shift. This is on a honda civic 1995

88 Civic Wagon: Bogging below 2500 rpm and hard studder and 4000 rpm. [ 7 Answers ]

Hello all: I have a '88 Civic Wagon with 220k on a D15B2 (DPFI) engine. Just recently I have started having the problem above. Mostly once the car is warmed up. The car will choke, sputter, and try to stall even at full throttle below 2500rpm. After 2500 rpm the engine spins to life and runs...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.