Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    addy Posts: 207, Reputation: 6

Nov 26, 2006, 12:45 PM
    Transitions
    OK you I need some help.
    I would really apreciate it if someone could give me some information about how to prepare for a backhandspring without having a teacher but with a girl who was trained in gymnastics an this my size and age.Also I would appreciate it if sum1 could tell me how I could practice my transitions from a roundoff to a backhandspring.
    rudi_in Posts: 251, Reputation: 45

Nov 26, 2006, 01:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by addy
    I'm just starting out and I need help on how to prepare myself for cartwheels,roundoffs and backhandspring before going to a teacher.

As you stated in your previous post - you are just starting.

This means you want to jump right in and work the advanced skills without first mastering the basics.

Does that mean you cannot learn a back handspring? Absolutely not. I am sure you are more than capable.

Taking that route, however, means you will most likely develop some bad habits that will be very difficult to change when you do go to club. You will undoubtedly spend many hours fixing the bad habits with your coach before you can move on. Being a successful gymnast takes a lot of time, patience, and hard work. You are actually better off to wait until a good coach can take you from scratch with your skills.

Let me say again, what you want to do is possible but not safe.

As a gymnastics coach of 16 years I cannot recommend anything to you but what I have mentioned in the last post.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search