Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Seanacy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2010, 06:48 AM
    Salary Laws
    Hi
    Last year people got laid off because they made there grade obsolete and upgraded me to the next grade but did not give me a pay rise for that grade.Is it iegal to pay someone for a grade that does not exist?
    Seanacy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2010, 06:49 AM
    Salary Laws
    Hi
    Last year people got laid off because they made there grade obsolete and upgraded me to the next grade but did not give me a pay rise for that grade.Is it iegal to pay someone for a grade that does not exist?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 20, 2010, 07:15 AM

Unless your under union contract then they can pay what they want. The only thing they can't do is change your pay without telling you. So if you agree to work for them for $10 an hour and they only paid you $7 then you would have a grievence.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 20, 2010, 08:49 AM

Is this a Government job, a Union job? It appears you were upgraded in order to remain employed. If you argue the point I see you losing your job unless you have an employment contract or union to back you up.

You could have been discharged when your grade was abolished.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 20, 2010, 08:50 AM

Please stop posting the same question - the same people respond on all of the threads.

Asked and answered - twice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Salary laws [ 3 Answers ]

I am a sales representative on commissions... I have to earn my said salary in commissions before I get a penny of commissions... however I get a weekly check... so I guess it is more like salary plus commissions?? However, my questions is this: if I have to earn my said salary, then have to miss...

Salary laws [ 3 Answers ]

If a salary contract has been signed, can copany later deduct wages for missed time from work?

Salary Laws [ 7 Answers ]

Can an employee who is on a salary payroll be moved to an hourly wage without prior notice? My mother was diagnosed with cancer and she has been out of work for about a week or so. She was told this week that she was moved to an hourly wage and that if she doesn't make the required amount of...

Salary Laws [ 4 Answers ]

If a person is salary, they only work 1 or two days is it the law that we have to pay them a full 40 hours?

View more questions Search