Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hip-twist94 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2010, 05:35 AM
    A tank can be filled using two pipes
    A tank can be filled in 6hrs using 2 pipes. The larger pipe alone would fill it 5hrs sooner than the smaller pipe alone. How long would each pipe take alone?
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Feb 20, 2010, 06:59 AM

A math home work problem, not a plumbing problem.

Watch this video on solving equations using substitution.

YouTube - Watch Video on Solving Systems by Substitution - Math Help
    Hip-twist94 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2010, 05:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hkstroud View Post
    A math home work problem, not a plumbing problem.

Watch this video on solving equations using substitution.

YouTube - Watch Video on Solving Systems by Substitution - Math Help
    I'm not that inept at math! I needed help with problem solving i.e. problems that are much harder than simple knowledge questions?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Overhead Tank - Air Vent on tank delivery pipes [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, I'm currently constructing my own house and presently we have started plumbing. Our plumber told me that we need to put a air-vent on the tank's delivery pipeline in order to release the air-lock. Please find the attached image. I already have a air-vent on the top of the tank and my...

Septic tank is at the back of house,two commodes and dishwasher all run in same pipes [ 3 Answers ]

Bedroom commode at back of house is stopped up also commode at front of house. Our kitchen in the middle dishwasher is still draining.. what could be the problem?

Mud filled pipes [ 4 Answers ]

We recently acquired a mobile home on remote property that gets its water from the creek. For the past 5+ years the incoming water has been completely unfiltered. The pipes are clogged with mud and silt with very little water getting through. Is there a way to clean the pipes out?

New Wellsaver Pressure tank is banging pipes [ 1 Answers ]

I just replaced my submersable well pump and my pressure tank with a Wellsaver bladder pressure tank. Now, after the water isn't running for a while, the pipes begin to bang and when I look at the pressure tank while this is happenning, the reading on the gauge is bouncing. Help?

View more questions Search