Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1bessy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2010, 08:12 PM
    Mortgage settlement 10
    Beneficial/hsbc is offering me a settlement of 10% of the 2nd loan, does this sound like a scam? Benfefical is being sued for racism, can it be a way to just get money?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 19, 2010, 08:14 PM

Did you get the offer in writing ? Are you behind on the payments.
    If they think that you are going to walk away from loans, often 10 percent is better than no percent.
    1bessy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2010, 09:56 AM

Yes the offer is in writing and I am seven months late now. I did offer them 5% and they told me to call back on 2-24-10 to see if I have can get more money.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it best to pay off a mortgage or get a tax break on the mortgage interest payment? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 4.75% mortgage rate. Would it be best just to pay off the loan?

Refinanced through mortgage lender who never paid off original mortgage company [ 1 Answers ]

I signed closing papers on June 11 with funding to occur on June 16 for the refinance of my home more than 45 days ago. To date (July 31), my original mortgagor has not received the pay-off from the company with whom I refinanced. Since the papers were signed, two payments have become due (and...

36 hours before I close mortgage company refuses to give mortgage? [ 5 Answers ]

I secured a deal for a home with the owner and got a signed contract a month ago. For sale by owner deal. Secured financing at 95%, with 5 % down. Did financing through a broker, and got a locked in deal with countrywide over 3 weeks ago. All is well, appraised for 100K over what I have...

Auto Accident: Damage Settlement not Injury Settlement [ 13 Answers ]

Hello all and thank you in advance for your kind answers. My Girlfriend was involved in an accident in November. Here are some key points about the event. 1. Accident Fault - Fault was clearly the other driver Documented in the Police report. 2. Vehicle is currently financed - In both of...

View more questions Search