Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    skg1458 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2010, 04:18 PM
    Who can answer my social security disability question quick
    I just got my hearing letter from social security and don't think I can do this due to fear and feel I will mess things up. I have no lawyer and have tried to get one and was turned down by 3. If I stop my disability case now will it hurt me in the future? I think I applied to soon before I went to enough doctors. I have been told by a rheumatologist that I have fibromyalgia. I was told this in Sept. 2009. I need help quick cause my paper saying I will show for the hearing needs to be mailed back in 4 days.
    rosemcs Posts: 325, Reputation: 47

Feb 19, 2010, 06:01 PM

Keep trying to win your case, don't give up. They always deny the first time.

Comprehensive Medical Records - a key to winning

Your lawyer's job is to identify medical records that identify specific work limitations. Experienced lawyers review the medical records, then create a functional capacity checklist that includes the limitations associated with your particular case and the impairment categories used in Social Security cases. After your doctor completes and signs this checklist, you now have an excellent piece of evidence that serves to "translate" your fibromyalgia diagnosis into very specific work limitations. If the form is completed correctly, the work limitations will be so limiting that the judge and the vocational witness will conclude that there are no jobs you can do.

What is the Judge thinking?

There is a perception that Social Security disability cases based on fibromyalgia are difficult to win. It is true that some judges have a problem acknowledging a medical syndrome (not a “disease”) that cannot be detected by a blood test and that can have a wide range of symptoms. Click here for the clinical definition of fibromyalgia as set forth by the American College of Rheumatology. In 2006, most Social Security judges recognize that fibromyalgia is a real condition and that in some cases it can be so disabling that affected claimants cannot perform any type of work at all. Every once in a while, you will find a judge who does not believe that fibromyalgia exists. But even these non-believers will still approve your case if you can show that your symptoms are chronic and severe.

SSR 99-2p

SOCIAL SECURITY DISABILITY (SSD), SSI AND FIBROMYALGIA

Fibromyalgia SSDI Guidelines | Allsup - Nationwide
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 19, 2010, 06:08 PM

And why don't you have an attorney, many do not require payment unless they win.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Feb 20, 2010, 12:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    And why don't you have an attorney, many do not require payment unless they win.
    And, as I recall, they cannot accept payment unless their fees are approved by the hearing officer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Social security disability [ 2 Answers ]

I am on social security disability and I am 61 years old.a finace company has threatened me with lawsuit.I have been told that social security cannot be garnisheed.and if I let them know that it is social secutity disability they cannot freeze my account.is this true?

Social Security disability,unemployment and social security [ 2 Answers ]

I got approved for ssdi but got disapproved for ssi because my unemployment can I later get ssi after my unemployment is finished?:(

Social security disability [ 3 Answers ]

I filed for SSI disability several years ago and received it. At the time I didn't know what was wrong with me. I have found out recently that I have lyme disease and the doctor thinks I have had it since I was in 8th grade. That would be over forty years. At the time I filed for SSID I didn't...

Teacher retirement disability and social security disability [ 1 Answers ]

I qualified for both teacher retirement disability and social security disability. I saw the quote (below) but I'm uncertain how or if it also applies to me. "If the disability comes from Social Security, it is tax free. If it comes from your employer, it IS taxable." Also, my son...

View more questions Search