Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    baxterboy68 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2006, 10:48 AM
    Handheld shower leak
    We just installed a new rain shower head w/a handheld shower. There's not a lot of pressure from the rain shower but at least it works. The handheld shower is a different story. For some reason, when turned on, the water will not come out. Instead, it sprays out from the back of the handle grip. I took it apart and removed a black rubber washer (?) and put it back together and tried it again. This time, I got water out of the handheld shower head but the water still sprays out the back of the hand grip. What's going on? It's brand new so it shouldn't be broken. Do I need to tape anything? Any ideas?:(
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 27, 2006, 07:31 AM
    There is a washer that's missing. Take the unit back and have them replace it. Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rain shower head & handheld shower head problem [ 4 Answers ]

I have a shower with 2 pipes for showers heads (one on the wall in front, and one on a side wall). The wall in front has a rain shower head on it. The wall to the side has a hand held shower head attached. The pipe with the hand held shower attached has a push button valve to turn the handheld on...

Shower Leak [ 6 Answers ]

I have a leak in my shower drain. I would like to remove the drain to replace or re-seal it. I do have access underneath since it is in a ranch. It looks like there is a large ring or nut screwed on from below to tighten up the drain and compress the gasket between the drain flange and the...

Shower leak [ 2 Answers ]

I have a shower leak caused by the gel sealant coming away. I have now replaced this and the shower leak appears to be contained but it is still leaking through my kitchen ceiling directly inderneath the shower. When I removed one end of the surround of the shower base it was very very wet - so...

Delta handheld shower head [ 1 Answers ]

I just installed a Delta shower massage head, and it has about half the water pressure of the old head I replaced. Is there any way to increase the water flow, like some kind of restricter in the hose or head?

Another Shower Leak [ 1 Answers ]

I currently have a leak from a second floor shower stall drain. It is obvious that the leak is coming from the seal between the drain and the shower floor. The drain assembly is glued to the drain pipe and can not be loosened from underneath. I had to remove the drain assembly from the inside of...

View more questions Search