Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Emily94 Posts: 1,129, Reputation: 64
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2010, 06:30 AM
    Guinea pig cage.
    Hello.
    I have 2 male guinea pigs, and my grandpa is going to built them a very large cage, at the moment their in a pretty small one. I was just wondering is there a safer wood to use? IS there a wood there less likely to chew (they don't chew the wood things you can buy at the pet store so I don't know if this will be a problm but.. )? And any tips would be appreciated!

Also the cage is going to have a wood floor, what could be used to cover it, that is safe?

I uploaded pictures so you kind of get an idea of what it will look like :)
    Thanks!
    Attached Images

shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Feb 20, 2010, 02:54 PM

I used to have the first one you pictured when my bunny was outside, only mine didn't have legs, it had an open bottom. I recently gave it to a friend because it was just taking up room in the shed :rolleyes:

I thought 2 male guineas couldn't be housed together or they would fight... same as rabbits.

This is a question for Alty but I thought I would give my 2c worth.
    Emily94 Posts: 1,129, Reputation: 64
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2010, 09:33 AM

Two males can live together as long is there is not a female in the same house, if they have a large enough cage (Main reason I'm getting a larger one) and if there introduced properly. I got both mine when they were just itty-bitty and that was last September, and they haven't even had a little tiff yet :). *Crosses fingers*

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Guinea Pig [ 5 Answers ]

My guinea pig is always pooing( seriously) if I want to hold him I have to have a paper towel on my lap. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Guinea Pig [ 3 Answers ]

Yeh I had 2 male guinea pigs and 1 died they were just over 1 and I'm not sure what to do because I no the other 1 s v.lonely someone said I should have it put down I'm not sure if I buy a new one would they fight?

Guinea pig playtime [ 1 Answers ]

Hi again, This is similar to my other hamster question but its about my guineas. I want to play with my guineas as well but they are really nervous little things and the slightest noise will make them go wild running all over the show. Also last time I let them out one ran up my pants leg because...

Guinea Pig mites? [ 1 Answers ]

I don't know if this is the right area to post a question like this. I have 4 guinea pigs and the oldest one has mites. So I looked on the internet and ivermectin at my local country store is only 8 dollars and it comes in a paste form in a tube. If I went to the vet that takes care of exotic pets...

Possible ringworm in guinea pig [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know what over the counter medication can be used for a guinea pig with possible ringworm? Thanks

View more questions Search