Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aliened123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2010, 03:34 AM
    Bcd affect ssi benefits
    I received a honorable discharge for the firist 4 years in the navy 65-69 several months after dicharge reenlisted and got a bcd for going awol. A mistake I have regreted since and also ashamed. My question is does this affect my ssi when its time to file and do iI have to tell ssi and provide my dd214?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Mar 13, 2010, 06:10 PM

This should have no bearing on you receiving the correct social security retirement benefits due you. It goes by work history, not by bad conduct or bad conduct discharge. If you have sufficient work credits you'll get your proper amount. You could go down to the local Social Security Office and inquire just what approximate amount of benefits you will receive at age 62 if you decide to retire early or age 66 if you decide to wait until then to retire.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2 prior honorable discharges, last enlistment BCD, VA home benefits [ 15 Answers ]

I served in the Marines for ten years have had two honorable dishcarges in leiu of reenlisting. During my third tour I was special courtmartialed and awarded a BCD. Will this make me eneligible for a VA Home Loan?

SSI Benefits [ 1 Answers ]

If the seniors on SSI moves from one state to another, will the benefit amount adjust according to the cost of living in the new area or state?

BCD. Able to bump up to OTH or anything better? Any benefits? [ 1 Answers ]

I got out the marines in January of 2007. I've done my time, did two tours to iraq amongst a bunch of other . I went to iraq at the end of 03 and smoked weed over there... came back and popped on my piss test... got busted down... second time went to iraq from 05 to 06 came back off leave popped...

View more questions Search