Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    windjammer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2010, 10:14 PM
    Why Does My Smoke Detector Go off without Smoke.
    Second set of 7 detectors now failing. All firex, line voltage, linked w/battery backup. 1st batch lasted 7-8 years. This set about 3-4. Anyone know what brand/model is better/best? Also need to know how to dispose of them. Heard they should not go in land fill.

Check out some similar questions!

Smoke detector doesn't detect smoke [ 3 Answers ]

I have two smoke detectors. Good batteries and when I push the test button the alarm works. But I just filled the house with smoke from an unwatched pot on the stove. Neither smoke detector alarmed. I assume they are defective. But how common is this? And if the test button doesn't reliably...

1999 Toyota Duet Smoke excessive smoke emission [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have problem with too much emission of smoke. Even more excessive smoke in the morning. Can't even see anyone around the vehicle!! Took it to toyota for diagnostics they discovered valve seal leaked and oil dropping on top of number 1 piston. Have changed the valve seals but still same...

Electrical Smoke detector [ 6 Answers ]

How do I remove a hard-wired smoke detector. Please. UnelectrocutedsofarMike

Smoke Detector Requirements [ 7 Answers ]

When I put up my garage addition, the city inspector said that I had to put a smoke detector in each bedroom, in addition to the two I already had in the hallways. This I gladly did. My question is, how come the city code does not require smoke detectors in the garage(s). Vehicles can and do self...

The physics behind a smoke detector? [ 3 Answers ]

I am doing a physics "how things work" project on a smoke detector, and I need to get in contact with an "expert" on them, who knows how they work, and the physics behind them. If someone could help me out.

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.