Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Feb 19, 2010, 07:11 PM

Alty:

Have your tried DHS Zinc SHampoo? DHS Zinc Shampoo Reviews at DermStore.ca

I've been using it for 30 years. Recommended to me by a dermatologist. Now I usually have to special order it. It's so concentrated, that all you need it a drop or so.

Usually dandruff comes from oily skin. If so, then this mix as a rinse will strip all the yucky oils: 1/3 Mouthwash (Cepecol), 1/3 Witch Hazel and 1/3 warm water.

For me, I premix the first two ingredients 1:1. Then mix 2/3 of this mix with 1/3 warm water. I just use the cap of the mouthwash container. It's used like a cream rinse. Once the oily hair is in control again, I don't use this odd stuff for quite a long time.

I use the DHS Zinc Shampoo daily. If I shampoo my hair a second time I use a fragrance shampoo. When it gets out of hand, the mix.

Used to have a bad case of dandruff in my teens. This concoction fixes it.

Note: I searched for it in Canada for you.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 19, 2010, 07:22 PM

Is it for dogs KISS? I don't have dandruff, my dog Jasper does. :)
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Feb 19, 2010, 07:24 PM

Tee hee... K sorry but I Can't stop laughing... that made my night.
    thisisit Posts: 406, Reputation: 57

Feb 19, 2010, 07:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    Oatmeal doggy shampoo?

Brand name? Where did you get it? I've been looking for something good for a long time. I have 3 dogs, one lab mix, one border collie mix and a little stinker Beagle. ;)

The lab and border collie mixes have predominantly black fur and no matter what type of dog shampoo I buy it leaves their fur looking dull and lifeless. OMG, I sound like a commercial. ;)
    It's great shampoo for dogs! It is called: Infusions, Soothing Oatmeal by Hartz.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Feb 19, 2010, 07:39 PM

Just use a little more. They have more hair than humans.

Feb 19, 2010, 07:40 PM

The Infusions by Hartz makes the dogs smell really good, it makes their coats really shiny, and it sooths itchy dry skin.
    Pets Expert

Feb 19, 2010, 08:09 PM

I'll look into it. Thanks Thisisit. :)

Feb 19, 2010, 08:12 PM

You're welcome, did I say it makes them really soft too?
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Feb 19, 2010, 09:10 PM

I thought Hartz products were bad? Or is that just the flea treatments?
    Pets Expert

Feb 19, 2010, 09:11 PM

We use Hartz products. Not the flea treatment, luckily we've never had a flea problem. I have used other shampoos by Hartz and I believe that the heart worm meds my dogs get from the vet are made by Hartz. Not 100% sure about that one though.
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Feb 19, 2010, 09:14 PM

I don't like the shampoo's but I do like the pet stain remover made by harz. Works awesome. The industrial strength stuff.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Neglected dog. My neighbor leaves her dog locked in a cage all day while she is at [ 5 Answers ]

Work, then comes home lets the dog out and locks the dog right back up again in her cage and she proceeds to go out until all hours of the night. I hear the dog moving around in the cage. I don't understand why she even has a dog, she doesn't spend any time with it. Besides dogs not being...

Abused dog [ 7 Answers ]

We just got a 5 month old aus cattle dog from a person who has keppt her and 2 sisters in a 3 by 3 pen all their lives they were laying in their own feces and urine when we took her. She is so skittish it is hard to get her to come to us and we have to carry her outside. My hoa does not allow...

I rescued an abused puppy and need assistance [ 3 Answers ]

Good day, Sunday afternoon I rescued (my terms) a mini aussie from a breeder who in my opinion treated the puppies horribly. After 4-5+ hours of lots of love and affection. My 9 month old new puppy finally was able to take a few steps. I'm almost certain this animal was locked in a small...

How would I know if a child is being abused or neglected [ 1 Answers ]

My fiancée has a 5 year old daughter whom lives with her mom and stepdad. We get her everyother weekend. And usually when its our weekend she ends up staying for almost a week at a time because her mom doesn't even bother calling and checking on her. Each time she comes over she has head lice,...

Training an abused adult dog [ 3 Answers ]

About a year ago I received an energetic 3yr old maltese. I could clearly tell she was abused. Anytime you bent over her to pet her she put her head to the floor and either shook like crazy or peed. She also never used to play with toys or really interact with people. Now she loves toys and has way...

View more questions Search