Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wildrebel Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2010, 05:51 PM
    Will I be denied employment due to a disorderly conduct charge
    I just had an offer for a job and I have t go through a background check. I was arrested for disorderly conduct two years ago when I was in college. It was from the university police department. I told them upfront when they asked after they offered the position. Im just wondering if this will remove my offer?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 18, 2010, 06:00 PM

It mostly depends on what your applying to get. But the disorderly was a misdemeanor correct? It may not even show up. Also you were in college. What did you plead ?

Feb 18, 2010, 06:04 PM

Honestly I had a lawyer and we signed papers and the judge said if I came back in 6 months it would be off my record. But I didn't come back because I honestly didn't think it mattered I was young and stupid. But it is with a staffing firm.

Feb 18, 2010, 06:06 PM
    Im sure the papers were pleading guilty. I wonder if I can hire another lawyer and I could get it erased.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 18, 2010, 06:17 PM

First things first. You need to see what the courts have handed down in your case. Im not so sure you plead guilty if you had a lawyer. Why would you? You more then likely pleaded no contest. That has a different category added to it. Its not really guilty or innocence. But the fact you didn't follow up could mean you have a bench warrant out for your arrest too. So best to find out what the rest of the story is before you make any more statements about it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 18, 2010, 07:48 PM

First , at least here in GA, college police are real police officers and in fact their arrests go to state court, not city court like city police.

But the arrest means nothing, it is the conviction, or you pleading guility by paying a fine or something.

So what happened, did you pay a fine, or what.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Disorderly conduct [ 3 Answers ]

Will disorderly conduct stops you from getting a job in most places?could you join the military?or become a state employee?

Disorderly Conduct [ 2 Answers ]

I've read through and have found contradicting information about this offense so figured I would be better off to just ask. A year and a half ago I was north of chicago off 90 misplaced my wallet at an oasis and while inside was bumped into. I had already had a bad day and reached for my wallet to...

Disorderly conduct [ 1 Answers ]

I receive a ticket for disordery conduct and been loud. Would this appear on my record. Because I never been arest before or ant charges

Disorderly conduct violation [ 2 Answers ]

Hello: I was sentenced in court. I was told I had disorderly conduct violation. No fines no jail time. Does that mean when asked on an application have you committed a crime I can say no.

Disorderly conduct for employment app [ 3 Answers ]

Help! I'm applying for a new job(a county job)in my area the app is going to ask have you ever been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor? I have a disorderly conduct charge from about 10 years ago at least of course I would have to mention this(I'm in pennsylvania)will this affect my chances of...

View more questions Search