Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mavroulis Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2010, 09:00 AM
    Real Projective Plane, Intersections, Bijections
    Um, I have these exercises for practising but I am really struggling doing them. I just need someone to help me with that so as to have some solutions in order to practise with and revise. Thank you in advance for your help.

Let Λ be a line in Real Projective Plane and its equation:
    Ax + Bu + Ct = 0.
    Let Λx, Λu, Λt be the lines in Real Projective Plane given by x = 0, u = 0, t = 0, respectively.

1)Find the intersections of Λx with Λu,Λx with Λt and Λt with Λu,

2)Find the intersection of Λ1 with Λ2 which is a subset of the Real Projective Plane, where Λ1 and Λ2 are lines in that, given by the equations x+u+t=0 and x-u=0 respectively.

3)Construct bijections Λx-> RP1 and Λu-> RP1 and Lt-> RP1 (Real Projective.. )

4) Put Ax = RP2 \ Λx, put Au = RP2 \ Λu, put At = RP2 \ Λt.
    Show that :RP2 = Ax U Au U At (U is for union)

Check out some similar questions!

Finding intersections in graphs [ 1 Answers ]

how do you find intersections in two equations such as x^2/4+y^2=1 and x+y=1

Would this plane take off? [ 84 Answers ]

I'm thinking this question had to been asked before, but I did a search and couldn't find anything on it. It's really bugging me, because I never could find out the right answer. Suppose you have a jet airplane sitting on a runway. But this runway acts like a treadmill. The jet starts it's...

Value of old wood plane [ 1 Answers ]

The plane is 21" long with a 2.5" blade. The only visible marking is # 7 on the front . I am looking for the maker and or the possible value. It was given to my dad from his dad. My dad was 84 when he died 20 years ago so it's over 100 yrs old. Any help would be great.

Kinematics Plane [ 1 Answers ]

I cannot figure out this question! "An airplane can reach speeds of 980m/s. How long would it take a plane traveling at this speed to travel 1500KM? Why would it actually take longer than this? So my teacher wants either m/s or km/h and I want to change it it to km/h:confused:

Projective geometry [ 1 Answers ]

Where can I find some solved exercises about duality, projective transformations, conics, quadrics?? help me :confused:

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.