Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1aubrey Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2010, 08:21 PM
    Connecting dvd to direct TV
    I am connecting my Directv satellite receiver to my DVD (the IN from ANT), which is connected to my TV. But I do not receive any channels on my TV, nor any DVD.
    I connected the outlet ;named TV/VCR to DVD player. Also the red-white-yellow components. From the DVD player I connected the OUT to the TV. Also the red-white-yellow components. Any ideas?
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2010, 06:35 AM

You should connect a DVD player to outputs. The DVD player is a source so it should go out from the DVD player in on the TV.

If you provide all the makes and models of everything then I can give you a description of the best way to connect everything. Also provide me a list of what cables you have available unless you are willing to buy new kinds of cables. Also, it sounds like your DVD player is actually a recorder. Were you looking to record with it? And do you get your locals from DirecTV or an antenna?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Connecting a DVD to Direct TV [ 1 Answers ]

I am having trouble getting a picture or anything on my dvd player, it came with 2 connections (one with red, yellow and white) and another one with (2 colors) Should I have anything else?

Connecting TV dvd direct TV [ 1 Answers ]

I have a new lcd TV :cool:a direct TV hd box and a upconvert dvd player, the hd TV has only 1 hdmi input. How can I hook them all up? The dvd has hdmi also

Connecting a Magnavox DVD/VCR to Direct TV [ 3 Answers ]

3I have a Magnavox MWD 2206 combination DVD / VCR. I have a television which has the cable connection in the back, and a white and red connection in the front. I can view a DVD, but cannot get the vcr to record... I cannot find my remote, and there is no switch on the back of the player to...

Connecting TV,receiver,dvd,direct TV with hdmi [ 2 Answers ]

How do I connect my TV,receiver,dvd, direct TV with hdmi cables. Step by Step Please.

Connecting DVD player/recorder to Direct TV [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone help me in connecting a Magnavox DVD Player/Recorder MWR10D6 to the Direct TV cable box and ultimately to the TV set.

View more questions Search