Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tabbrt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2010, 06:19 PM
    I was just wondering. What will happen to me when I go to court for theft under 5000$ from walmart. 1 year bann. And its my first affence. I just don't want to go to jail. :S:S:S... I really really don't. But I know its too late to change anything now.. and that really sucks.. I was just under a lot of stress and did something stupid cause my life is falling way down hill.. I wasn't thinking clearly. I wanted to put it back. But stupidly walked out. I got caught. I appoligised for any inconveniance I caused. And gave back the item. I had the cops called on me and they said the worst that would happen is I would get probation for this. And they said I would not go to jail. But is that true? Can they really tell me I'm not going to jail. Or is it up to the court to decide. That is all. Thank you.

no. it was only a couple things. Maybe less then 400 dollars. And I had already confessed to the police officer that I did take the items. So no need to lie really. Or I hope not. Lol. But as you would understand. I am quite scared. I've never been in trouble with the law in my life. This is the very first time. And I still regret it a lot. I wish I could start fresh but I cant. But your saying that I won't go to jail and that I will probably get probation? And just out of curiousity. What would I need to do on probation. I know nothing about it. Cause I never did anything wrong before. But I definantly regret walking out.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 17, 2010, 06:25 PM

Well normally I would tell you never believe the police officer since they will lie to you to get you to confess.

But assuming it was not 4000 dollars worth of stuff, ( stlll under 5000) you will get probatioin, most times if you ask, you can get into a diversion program, where after your probation, the case is dismissed and records sealed.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 17, 2010, 06:35 PM

Please to add more info, "answer" your own question, these are not blogs, no connection to separate questions.

I have merged your two posts

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

THEFT UNDER $5000 - second offence. (1st offence = theft from employer) [ 10 Answers ]

I am 19 years old. Living in british columbia, canada. Yesterday me and my friend were shoplifting at metrotown mall.. we were being followed around the mall because of our big purses and did not know it until we went into "old navy" where we saw a bunch of bathing suits and flip flops and jammed...

Theft under 5000 [ 13 Answers ]

I am first time offender in Canada Ontario, here is what happened. The other day at work I thought was a good idea to switch the price tags on some items, so I went to pay for them and a woman approached me and brought me into a room with another woman where they then proceeded to interrogate me,...

Theft Under 5000/ way under 5000 [ 14 Answers ]

Okay this is probably one of the dumbest things I have done, day before yesterday I was caught on my own street with 2 other friends and I went into an open car, now I was not going to steal any money, I just didn't want to look like a pansy, I know stupid excuse. Anyway, right when I was in the...

Theft under 5000 [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, so I'm not happy to admit this, but almost 2 yrs ago I got caught stealign at the bay, and had to do the diversion program. I didn't get charged I just had to do the diversion prgoram, Today I got caught stealing 15 dollars worth of stuff, :S I know STUPID. But anyway, I'm going to school to...

View more questions Search