Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smokedetector Posts: 368, Reputation: 56

Feb 17, 2010, 03:37 PM
    Locks are easy to pick
    The locks on my interior doors are all keyed and can be unlocked and opened with just a credit card. Why? And is there a way to fix it? Perhaps that doesn't involve drilling a whole for a deadbolt?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 17, 2010, 04:04 PM

For one thing there is 2 types of terminology that you are dealing with.

1) to pick a lock means to manipulate the locking system to be able to open the lock.

2) bypass: what you are doing is bypassing the lock itself.

The curve of the lock is what allows the lock to hit the striker plate and allow for the door to close. A deadbolt is straight and not subject to the same. So you either need to close the gap so the lock can't be accessed or change to a deadbolt type of system.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Deadbolts and locks [ 4 Answers ]

I just purchased a schlage deadbolt lock-i want to rekey it to a master key,I have the rekeying kit but have never rekeyed to a master key-i have only rekeyed to 1 set of keys and now I would like to rekey my locks to a master key to avoid having to carry so many sets of keys thank you for any help...

Did I have right to change locks [ 5 Answers ]

I own my home in NH and I allowed a female to stay in a spare room that I have. I charged her 375 a month. There is NO written agreement.. I told her that SHE alone could rent the room. NO ONE ELSE. I did allow her grandson to stay over from time to time however. So a few weeks go by and I...

Computer locks up [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, My computer locks up for about two minutes if right-click anywhere at anytime. Have tried uninstall/reinstall of mouse. Can't find problem in any settings with system. Any ideas as to solution would greatly be appreciated. I'm scratching my head here... Thanks.

Windows and locks [ 1 Answers ]

1. Could you simply define what a lock threshold is ? Explanation in my apt search I want to make sure that the locks operate properly without loose or missing thresholds. Could you tell me what to look for (simply)! 2. what is a double cylinder lock? 3. what is a deadbolt lock with a saw...

Computer locks up [ 4 Answers ]

Dell laptop keyboard locked

View more questions Search