Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    terry lee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2010, 01:36 PM
    Ariens 5hp snowblower carburator questions
    My father passed away in dec and I took his ariens snowblower.. its been sitting for 8 to 10 years.. I put new gas in it... rebuilt and cleaned the carb.. it starts but it idles high then low then high... put new spark plug in it... does the same thing.. when it does run at full throttle it dies within a few minutes?? The serial # is to faded to read... it does say it's a ariens model st504. The gas tank looks like it comes apart but I don't know how to take it apart without damaging it.. I also think there is a fuel filter in the gas tank... any info would help!!
    KUXJ Posts: 975, Reputation: 97

Feb 17, 2010, 01:59 PM

Hi! terry lee, welcome to AMHD :)

What your describing is carburetor problems.

One of the easiest solutions to try would be to purchase "Seafoam", It is usually found at an auto parts store like Pepboys, Advance or Autozone. 'bout $10bucks a pint.

Follow the instructions, and add it to the gas tank, if that doesn't help your looking at a carburetor repair or replace.

K
    DG Posts: 1,375, Reputation: 109
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2010, 02:03 PM

Does this have a briggs motor ,
    parttime Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2010, 02:14 PM

I'm thinking the diaphragm needs replaced. Good luck
    lowgear Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2010, 07:53 PM

You didn't say what kind of motor you had1 I'm thinking it's a tecumseh... if it is you'll need to clean the needle & seat, then clean out the jet on the bottom of the carb.. inside the bowl... Hope it helps! LG
    lowgear Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2010, 08:00 PM
    The gas tank doesn't come apart but you're going to have to clean with fuel tank out with lacquer thinner and soak it overnight to disolve any sludge.Blow out the fuel line with compressed air, then proceed to clean out the jets as in my prior post... Good luck! LG

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ariens snowblower troule [ 2 Answers ]

My question is about an Ariens snowblower model 932100. The auger does not engage. The sheer bolts are OK and the second stage auger does work. The belts also seem OK. What could be the problem, thank you, John

What model ariens snowblower is this? [ 5 Answers ]

I recently bought this Ariens blower and the tag with the midel # has worn off. It's an 8hp with a 24" cut. I need to buy a few parts and need the model # to do so... anyone know?

Brand New Ariens Snowblower Won't Start [ 1 Answers ]

Bought a brand new Ariens 624E snow blower ($800) a couple months ago, tested it out then and it worked fine. Now that we are buried in a major snowstorm, it won't start! Very frustrating. The engine won't turn over. Is there anything I can possibly do? I've followed all troubleshooting steps...

View more questions Search